Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: Important News About Changes Coming To The SFMA Forum in 2019
« Last post by TK Iain on December 04, 2018, 05:20:20 am »
Can the fee be paid in one go Boyd and what format can it be paid in for us not in the USA (Paypal?).

A $5.00 p/mth fee works out at about 48GBP for us on the other side of the big pond which is pretty reasonable I reckon.

Better make sure all my builds/pictures are saved before the "BIG" move. ;D
Members Current Projects (WIP) / Re: 1/1400 AMT Enterprise-C
« Last post by Madhatter on December 04, 2018, 03:58:43 am »
Good to hear your on the mend Steve. Look forward to the next update.

Hey Ya'll, just in case you haven't heard, Boyd alerted us to some changes that will be taking place with SFMA.

Just follow the link to the announcement thread.

Be aware that, despite my comments, Google+ will be going the way of the Dodo. Boyd is trying to keep the community together but will be introducing some changes for SFMA.

Stay tuned...


Thanks for the pointer Steve. Sounds like it will be a good thing
thanks for pointing me here Steve and thanks for the update Boyd. The update sounds like it's needed - although I personally don't find there's anything wrong with the current format. Are you going to go the way of Brit Modeller, ARC etc in their formatting or something else entirely? I like the little things like you can preview posts without opening them and so on.
Are you going to keep the dark gray colour scheme and interchangeable ships on the banner? I feel it really adds to the sci-fi feeling of this site.

This move to join with The Model Shop (who I'd never heard of until now) could be a good way to bring in some new eyes and talent.
Do you have a date in mind for the move? I have no idea on how to back up my posts, but do I need to know or is there a good chance my content won't vanish?

Thanks for entertaining me
Members Current Projects (WIP) / Re: Battlestar Galactica Colonial One
« Last post by Madhatter on December 04, 2018, 03:43:45 am »
Mate - that's looking awesome!! The lighting is coming up nicely. Are you going to add any kind of diffuser behind the windows like flat coated clear plastic strips or something else?
That PE window is amazing! How did you bend it like that and have it keep it's shape so nicely? I am not the best person when it comes to using PE - specially on complex curves like that wind shield, so I'll take any hints I can get
Is it me, or does the head of this ship remind you of a Mahi Mahi? http://rules.fish.wa.gov.au/species/image/16?thumbnailSize=large
Looking forward to seeing more of this as it comes along Dave
Members Current Projects (WIP) / Re: Super Star Destroyer
« Last post by Madhatter on December 04, 2018, 03:37:19 am »
Sorry I missed the news on the results of the auction Iain until now - but a massive congratulations on getting such an awesome figure for a worth while cause! Well done mate
Members Current Projects (WIP) / Re: Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project
« Last post by Madhatter on December 04, 2018, 03:35:52 am »
Thanks Steve :) You're very kind. I'm getting there - got most of the lighting installed in the Bridge and started installing it into the neck. I'll take some pics later but will post them when it's all done. BTW, what does *SMH* mean? I'm not as up to date with my acronyms as I thought...  ::)
Thanks guys, the good news is that the wife doesn't have lung cancer, but she does have a long recovery, but will recover!
All Other Non SciFi Models Discussion / Re: Academy MiG-21PF 1/48
« Last post by scottminium on December 03, 2018, 08:29:03 pm »
Tomorrow the demo of the fireplace begins!  So tonight, on time, I finished the MiG!  After completion I added a light coat of transparent gray (testors AB paint) to dirty it up just a bit, then testors matte clear, and then the canopy was put in place with elmer's clear glue.  Overall I'm pretty happy with my first real airplane airbrush.

Decals  for the main kit by Cartograph (awesome!) and the North Vietnam decals were by PrintScale.  All totally awesome!

After finishing painting the whole lot was painted with clear gloss (floor polish).  Decals applied, more floor polish, then the gray, and finally matte clear.

For the panel lines I used a very thin black pin wash.  In this way the panel lines are obvious, but not OBVIOUS.  It looks more like the photos in this way (at least to me).

OK Boyd, my build is done.  Ready for the shift to the new network!!!
Members Model Gallery / Re: 1/72 Space 1999 Eagle 1
« Last post by Tankton on December 03, 2018, 05:02:20 pm »
The supplemental decals were provided by me.
you can contact me at info@cameronsdecals.com

Thank you.
Members Model Gallery / Re: COMPLETED! Neil's 1/350 Enterprise Refit
« Last post by blakeh1 on December 03, 2018, 04:13:10 pm »
That looks amazing!

The lighting is perfect as well
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Enterprise © Bloc