Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Relatively new modeler...  (Read 1941 times)

Offline MattA

• Admiral
  • Am I doing this right?
Relatively new modeler...
« on: June 30, 2012, 11:27:13 pm »
Hello Everyone!  My name is Matt, and I live in Florida.  I am relatively new to the modeling thing.  I started late last summer when I discovered that they made the Enterprise Refit as several types of models.  My goal is to build a 1:350 that doesn't suck. 

Currently, I've built the 1:1000 Refit, 1:1000 TOS, 1:537 Reliant, 1:650 TOS, and various 1:2500 models (Enterprise D/A/TOS).  I'm in the process of trying to get a 1:350 together, though funds have suddenly become tight.  I have to wait until I can afford lighting to continue.

I'll post some of my builds in the other areas of the forum.

I'm happy to be here, and I hope this forum turns into something great!
Builder of all things StarShip...

Offline TrekWorks

• Admin
  • Admiral
    • TrekWorks
Re: Relatively new modeler...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 12:03:18 am »
Glad to have you aboard Matt. Enjoy yourself and looking forward to your future posts!
If It's a model kit, I like it already.

Offline Mr Atoz

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:38:47 pm »
Hello Matt!
 You'll enjoy this hobby. The 1/350 refit is quite a project and a fun one.Tons of research material out there to take your build to any level desired :-) Glad to have you here!
For the fun of building art.

Offline fumblethumbs

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 11:55:42 pm »
Hi Matt!  Impressive list of "builts".  I'm getting ready to do the 1/350 real soon too.  Should be a fun one!
Ooooooo!  I think I may buy that kit!

Jeff.

Offline Jimmypop57

• Admiral
  • Scifi scale model enthusiast
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 10:59:43 am »
Greetings Matt! Would love to see some of your builds. I'm a relatively new modeler myself, only been doing this for about a year now, with a handful of builds under my belt (or hiding in a box from miscalculations). This is a great place to compare notes and display your art!
I play, I putty, I spray, and pray! Putty, sand, repeat...
All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray...

Offline MattA

• Admiral
  • Am I doing this right?
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 05:40:54 pm »
Greetings Matt! Would love to see some of your builds. I'm a relatively new modeler myself, only been doing this for about a year now, with a handful of builds under my belt (or hiding in a box from miscalculations). This is a great place to compare notes and display your art!

My builds are all located here:  http://scifimodelaction.com/sfmaforum/index.php?topic=23.0

Thanks for the comments!! :)
Builder of all things StarShip...

Offline Brian

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 04:40:26 pm »
Hi Matt. Welcome to the boards. Definitely would like to see pictures of your previous builds.

Enterprise © Bloc