Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trekkie from DFW  (Read 1677 times)

Offline 3rdplacetrekkie

• Admiral
  • "What does God need with a starship!?"
Trekkie from DFW
« on: August 02, 2013, 11:53:05 am »
Hey, I'm a long time trek fan, who was introduced to star trek by my uncle. In fact his AMT 1:537 Enterprise A model is what got me hooked. I made a couple models as a kid, Ent B, Reliant and such but now that I am grown I have taken it up more seriously now. I recieved a STV 1:537 ent A last christmas and have been working on in ever since. (sanding off those stupid panels.) accurizing the window sizes, docking ports etc. I plan to completely light it and will be getting DLM parts to accurize it. I cant seem to find a photo etch kit for the thing though. I also scored a new 1:350 refit on CL and will be tackling that afterwards. Does anyone out there know of any resources for a bulidup of the 1;537 ent A? Unfortunately TrekWorks (who's youtube vhannel I am addicted to) does not have a build of that kit. :(
"Accomplishments, awards, accolades, and achievements... but when it's all said and done, what will stand?  For I tell you that my while my physical life will end and memory of me may fade, what I live for will stand for all eternity. And that is what makes my life worth living."

Offline Sam

• Captain
    • YouTube
Re: Trekkie from DFW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 12:18:52 pm »
First, welcome to the forum.  This is a great place to be.  I just did a quick search on the forum here and came up with this:
http://scifimodelaction.com/sfmaforum/index.php?topic=265.msg3133#msg3133.  Just go to search at the top and type in 1/537 Enterprise.  You should fine some info to get you going.  Have fun!

dlots1701a

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 02:07:51 pm »
first off welcome to the SFMA second here is a resource i have used in the past www.paveglio.com/startrek/files/Enterprise.PDF i also know there at current no photoetch for that kit. before you star that 1/350 refit though recommend you do the 1/1000 refit first the build about the same way and will give you experience and where to look for flaws.

Offline 3rdplacetrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 02:20:32 pm »
Thanks for the info! That's a bummer about the photo etch set. I've considered the 1:1000 kit as well. I'm almost done sanding the dumb panels off and have built the arboretum. Where and how would I post updates on this build?
"Accomplishments, awards, accolades, and achievements... but when it's all said and done, what will stand?  For I tell you that my while my physical life will end and memory of me may fade, what I live for will stand for all eternity. And that is what makes my life worth living."

Offline AnythingSciFi

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 02:31:02 pm »
Welcome to the 1st class board, the SFMA!!

I have searched hi and lo for the photo-etch for this kit.

dlots, holding out on us huh? Any more useful links up your sleeve bubba???

Offline Tankton

• Admiral
    • Cameron's Decals and Such
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 03:07:32 pm »
Welcome Aboard. You can post updates in the work in progress thread.
Live Long and Prosper

Cameron Lewis Sr.

www.cameronsdecals.com

dlots1701a

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 03:38:59 pm »
check out my google + community Sci Fi Modelers Unite if you want to know more

Offline cryogenic-death

• Federation Flesh Consumer
  • Admiral
  • Refit Fiend
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 11:22:23 pm »
Welcome aboard.

I would definitely buy the 1/1000 refit. With photo etched parts...you can really make that model pop.

For its size...really packs a lot of details.

Would love to see some progress pics of your 1/537.

Offline 3rdplacetrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 12:20:51 am »
Excellent! Dlots that I a great resource, and I've come across it before but had forgotten about it. Thanks! And yes I will be posting pictures hopefully tonight. ;D

Offline 3rdplacetrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 01:33:22 am »
build posted in the WIP thread! All input welcome as this is definitely going to be a learning experience!

Offline fumblethumbs

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 08:58:37 pm »
Welcome to the forum!  :)
Ooooooo!  I think I may buy that kit!

Jeff.

KimberleAndrews

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 10:17:39 pm »
Welcome aboard! As you're already finding out, there is a lot of information to be had here, and everyone has always been, in my experience, wonderful and willing to help; you've found a great place!

Enterprise © Bloc