Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/350 scale models: What do you use for a base/stand?  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Jimmypop57

• Admiral
  • Scifi scale model enthusiast
    • Youtube Channel
1/350 scale models: What do you use for a base/stand?
« on: September 14, 2012, 03:30:58 pm »
Hello all,

I am looking for ideas on bases/stands for 1/350 scale models. With the size of these kits, I am at a loss for what to use, as the supplied base (NX-01 in particular, I can't stand) just doesn't fit what I have in mind. Anyone have tips, or ideas on something that would look good, without detracting from the model itself?

-Jimmypop57
I play, I putty, I spray, and pray! Putty, sand, repeat...
All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray...

Offline br0t

• Captain
Re: 1/350 scale models: What do you use for a base/stand?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 07:27:10 pm »
Hey now, I didn't know they sold these separately.  If I ever do another 1:1000 TOS connie or D7 I would definitely use one of these over the stands that come with them.  Once again, thanks Fraley!

Offline TrekWorks

• Admin
  • Admiral
    • TrekWorks
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:20:36 pm »
I think I'm going to cut out a delta shield shape out of wood and do some nice edging on it for the TOS 1/350.
Similar to the one that comes with the MR Enterprise. On big models, I like the stand to be as heavy or heavier than the model
so it won't be too tipsy.
If It's a model kit, I like it already.

Offline Jimmypop57

• Admiral
  • Scifi scale model enthusiast
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 10:33:17 pm »
Good advice all around. Thank you Fraley and Trekworks. Appreciate it!
I play, I putty, I spray, and pray! Putty, sand, repeat...
All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray...

Enterprise © Bloc