Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMT Romulan Bird of Prey  (Read 1607 times)

Jmar

AMT Romulan Bird of Prey
« on: September 24, 2012, 11:49:36 am »
Not my greatest build to date, but it'll look alright on a shelf with the rest of the Original series kits.

The decals kicked my butt...again. Same problem as I had with the Vulcan shuttle. They were very brittle and tore and chipped very easily.

I should note at the time, the decals for the klingon cruiser were a dream to work with...the early reissues (09-10?) not so much.

JMar

Jmar

Re: AMT Romulan Bird of Prey
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 12:21:13 pm »
Fraley,

As soon as I pulled the decals out of the package and saw the finish I knew what I was in for ;)

I'm not too upset about it, I'm just glad the issue has been resolved. I hid things as best as I could, and to be honest it's not the most important kit for me so I'm OK with the decal imperfections.

In the end I just wanted the AMT TOS collection :)

JMar

Offline fumblethumbs

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 06:41:06 pm »
Looking just fine from where I'm sitting Jmar!  You definitely made any seams disappear!!  Very nice work.

I had, I think it was the 1/1000 TOS Enterprise decals act up.  It was like they were made of thin glass and were prone to shatter if you looked at them sideways.  But yeah, as Fraley says those issues were short lived and soon corrected.  I've done four other R2 models and the decals were fantastic!   
Ooooooo!  I think I may buy that kit!

Jeff.

Jmar

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 08:21:54 am »
Here's some updated pics of the Romulan Bird of Prey.

I donated my TOS kits to a freind. He's trying to raise money to finish the second season of his web series (www.spellfury.com)

Jmar

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 08:22:24 am »
and a couple more

Enterprise © Bloc