So now that the lighting kit is on the way, I'm starting to realize that I'm not done with all the small bits that need to be complete before buttoning it up.
Some things to do:
- Finish the administrator pods. I've painted one, sort of experimenting with the windows on it.
- Finish the Officer's Lounge. I haven't started this one yet. Not sure how I'm going to make it up. People do all sorts of things with it.
- Build the rec deck. The photo etch kit came with one of these. I'll paint it up and make it look as good as I can.
- Light Blocking. I've done the secondary hull, but haven't done any other part of the ship. I should also get a heat gun to make drying the paint a little easier.
- I also need to figure out how to add people. That is, if I want to add people. The Paragraphix kit came with people, but after painting one, it looks like a cardboard cutout. I'd like to find some more realistic people if possible.
Once I get all of these bits done, I'll start assembling the ship. I also need to figure out how I'm going to mount it. I think the trekmodeler kit is designed to use the included stand, but I may want to do something else. I'm not quite sure, but I'll figure it out.
If you do use a pole for hiding the wires, do you drill a new hole and just not use the hole for the pole that it came with? I didn't see a plug for the hole in the kit anywhere. Does anyone know how this works?