Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Acquisitions  (Read 190650 times)

Offline fumblethumbs

• Admiral
New Acquisitions
« on: October 06, 2012, 09:06:59 pm »
Hi Guys and Girls!  It's always fun to see other peoples, and show your own new acquisitions to the stash!!  Here are some fairly recent additions to my collection.  The purchase of a couple of these was inspired by SFMA members!!

Let's see what you folks are buyin'!!!
Ooooooo!  I think I may buy that kit!

Jeff.

Offline Big Rob

• Modeling Newb
  • Admiral
  • So many models...so little time!
Re: New Acquisitions
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 02:23:02 am »
Well I've only got one since I posted my "stash".
The captured alien attacker by Lindberg. Looks like it might be fun to build with lights...if there's room inside.

Has anyone here built this one and if so, got any pointers?
You gonna light that thing?

Offline br0t

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 08:59:22 am »
Nice grabs fumblethumbs.  I've been pondering treading into the automobile side of modeling, so I'd be very interested if you were to do a WIP on that :)

Offline fumblethumbs

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 09:08:13 am »
Nice grabs fumblethumbs.  I've been pondering treading into the automobile side of modeling, so I'd be very interested if you were to do a WIP on that :)

You got it br0t!  Can't promise when but it will be here!

Trekworks just posted a great video review of a flasher board by Tenacontrols over in "kit and product reviews".  It would be absolutely perfect to bring the Ecto to life!!

Jeff.

Jmar

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 05:26:08 pm »
I've got an Ecto waiting in the wings.

Would anyone be interested to co-building in the future?

JMar

Offline Big Rob

• Modeling Newb
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 09:23:05 pm »
Here's the next kit I've added to my stash. It's a Borg Cube (resin) model. Not much to "build" since it's just the 6 sides, but I haven't seen these before so I fugured, what the heck.
The guy I bought it from (on ebay) says it's a garage kit from the '80s.

Offline TrekkieJamie

• Commander
  • "Tough Little Ship" ..... "Little!?!"
    • TrekkieModeler Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 02:47:10 pm »
That cube looks awesome good find Big Rob, I bet you could get all sorts of green illumination and glow coming through sections using the old "rathion" lighting method?!?!?!?!?
;-)

Offline Big Rob

• Modeling Newb
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 05:19:13 pm »
That cube looks awesome good find Big Rob, I bet you could get all sorts of green illumination and glow coming through sections using the old "rathion" lighting method?!?!?!?!?
;-)

That's exactly what I was planning! And a few different metal shades, along with maybe some weathering to give it a kinda grimey look. There's some potential for it, that's for sure!

Offline Schweinhund

• Commander
    • Schweinhund Models
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 10:01:05 pm »
Might as well mention it here,   My first model purchase in months!     I had fallen off the Purchase Band Wagon....   Since nothing was striking my fancy!

I just ordered the PL. "old issue" D7.  For the upcoming GB!   I might take a the opportunity to make a YT In Box Review for the old kit.....   Since i have limited Sci Fi models reviews on my channel!

and do some Forum publicity by the same Token, just to help promote this Place...

If you guys know of Serious fit issues with this old gal?  Let me know, so that I can include it in the review....

Thanks!

Norm.

Offline Jaki

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:50 am »
Got it this morning in mail, 70$ (price+postage).

Also put preorder on Round2 DS9 on CultTVman for 60$ (price+postage).

Offline Schweinhund

• Commander
    • Schweinhund Models
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 02:07:06 pm »
Might as well mention it here,   My first model purchase in months!     I had fallen off the Purchase Band Wagon....   Since nothing was striking my fancy!

I just ordered the PL. "old issue" D7.  For the upcoming GB!   I might take a the opportunity to make a YT In Box Review for the old kit.....   Since i have limited Sci Fi models reviews on my channel!

and do some Forum publicity by the same Token, just to help promote this Place...

If you guys know of Serious fit issues with this old gal?  Let me know, so that I can include it in the review....

Thanks!

Norm.

Norm,
I believe on the original issue of the 1/1000 scale Polar Lights Klingon D-7, there was a problem with a slight deformity on the neck assembly.  It was right where it attaches to the main hull.  I know my original kit has that issue and a replacement after-market "boom" was offered for a period of time.  I am not sure if the reissued kits had this problem or not.

I don't want to stretch the conversation too much about that... but..  WOW !   Thanks for the Info !   I hope its nothing a little Putty can't fix ???   LOL !   

and yes !  I remember the Boom from SSM....   it was pretty Slick looking with all the extra gribbies added to the skin !  It looked awesome !

Offline MattA

• Admiral
  • Am I doing this right?
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 10:01:31 pm »
I recently aquired the 1/1400 Enterprise D in clear via a $50 gift card for my birthday back in August.  I also found the Polar Lights Klingon D7 1/1000 for $10 in a closeout at Michaels (hence the reason I voted for it for the group build ;) ).

Builder of all things StarShip...

Offline Schweinhund

• Commander
    • Schweinhund Models
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 12:00:51 pm »
10$  for the D7    Lucky You !

Offline TrekWorks

• Admin
  • Admiral
    • TrekWorks
A couple new kits for the winter building season
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 12:09:59 am »
Some more goodies in the pile for this winters building season.
If It's a model kit, I like it already.

Offline fumblethumbs

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 01:19:53 pm »
Nice additions Trek!!

Jeff.

Enterprise © Bloc