Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Acquisitions  (Read 307704 times)

Offline ImWolf

• Admiral
Re: New Acquisitions
« Reply #2160 on: August 17, 2018, 07:27:28 am »
I've had this little kit on my want list for years now, but everywhere you could find it the price was kinda stewpid I thought.....

Finally nabbed an eBay "buy it now" for a fair deal.     :b
Just think of what my life might be.....   In a world like I have seen!

Offline Decoman

• Commander
« Reply #2161 on: August 20, 2018, 07:32:29 am »
Word of warning. :)

The Bandai 1:48 X-Wing isn't that large a model. Heh, somehow I imagined it to be bigger given the high price.

(I was actually disappointed, as I had seen a large X-Wing model years ago somewhere, and now I was sort of hoping it would be as large as the display model I saw all those years ago.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 10:57:46 am by Decoman »

Offline Decoman

• Commander
« Reply #2162 on: August 21, 2018, 02:51:21 am »
Tamiya weathering set (three shades each):

Tamiya 87080 B (snow, soot, rust)
Tamiya 87088 D (burnt blue, burnt red, oil stain)
Tamiya 87123 F (titanium, light gun metal, copper)

People recommend using a bunch of clean Q tips, to avoid contaminating across the three colors if using the included brush/swab.

Edit: A seller on eBay is no longer listed as a seller, and I am still waiting for the kit I ordered. I wonder if the kit will show up or not. Never experienced something like this before on eBay.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 02:52:24 pm by Decoman »

Offline Spencer

• Radio Astronomer
  • Admiral
  • "Well ... let's play this out logically then ..."
« Reply #2163 on: August 23, 2018, 10:56:17 am »
As summer winds down to fall and there's less and less to do outside, I'll be back to the bench, and still buying more stuff. ;D
Two resin kits this time.

First up is Officer Kane! Culttvman had a sale on these so I nabbed one. Awesome kit IMHO.

The second is a Godzilla 2014 kit. I've always wanted a big Godzilla, and even though this is an ebay recast of a much more
expensive kit, it's not too bad. There are fit issues (the way resin usually is) and the teeth need reworked some, but
other than that, I think it was a good buy.

Spencer

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #2164 on: August 24, 2018, 02:26:06 am »
Liking the Godzilla - can you let us know where you got it from! ;D
Iain

Offline Spencer

• Radio Astronomer
  • Admiral
  • "Well ... let's play this out logically then ..."
« Reply #2165 on: August 24, 2018, 09:12:48 am »
Liking the Godzilla - can you let us know where you got it from! ;D

Here is a listing. Price and shipping cost have gone up since I bought it though ...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Godzilla-2014-King-of-Monsters-Hugh-Dinosaur-Unpainted-Figure-Model-Resin-Kit/312195229347

I'll leave it to google if you want to know which kit this is a recast of ...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:14:19 am by Spencer »

Offline Guns Akimbo

• Captain
« Reply #2166 on: August 24, 2018, 03:16:09 pm »
Couple of new additions to distract me from the rabbit-hole greeblie hell I've found myself descending with the Zvezda Star Destroyer...

This Convair should be a relatively quick build.

The box the Virago came in was a little distressed but at least all the parts were intact. :)

Offline ImWolf

• Admiral
« Reply #2167 on: August 26, 2018, 10:38:25 am »
Always passed on this Virago kit since I know nothing about it....   (and it looks rather strange). Is it from a cartoon series?
Just think of what my life might be.....   In a world like I have seen!

Offline Guns Akimbo

• Captain
« Reply #2168 on: August 26, 2018, 07:56:27 pm »
Always passed on this Virago kit since I know nothing about it....   (and it looks rather strange). Is it from a cartoon series?

Wiki sez:

"Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire is a multimedia project created by Lucasfilm Ltd. in 1996. The original idea was to create a story set between the films The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi (a time no Star Wars novel had explored before), and to explore all commercial possibilities of a full motion picture release, without actually making the film. The venture paved the way for the theatrical release of the Star Wars Trilogy: Special Edition in the following year, and the later releases of the prequel trilogy."

The Virago belonged to Prince Xizor, Falleen leader of Black Sun, a criminal organization, with ties to the Hutts and the Empire.

I figured that at under $20 shipped from Ebay, it would make a fine, if unique, addition to my stash.

Offline Decoman

• Commander
« Reply #2169 on: September 01, 2018, 05:13:37 am »
4 x Mig wash 35ml bottles (enamel):

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 05:15:28 am by Decoman »

Offline Tshark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2170 on: September 09, 2018, 10:23:44 am »
While searching online for local hobby shops I stumbled across model kit nirvana.  Rare Plane Detective has an overwhelming collection of model kits available in every genre.  They do a lot of online and model show business.  I wandered around their warehouse in the Palm Springs area and saw kits I have not seen in over 40 years.  I highly recommend them.  Here is their website:

https://www.rare-planedetective.com/

Here is what I walked away with at half the price I have found anywhere online:

Enterprise © Bloc