Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Acquisitions  (Read 349034 times)

Offline ImWolf

• Admiral
Re: New Acquisitions
« Reply #2190 on: November 25, 2018, 03:35:58 pm »
Got my hands on the lighting kit, but the model kits are still in the mail.....   Anyway Dan, the lighting kit does include a small PE sheet. (PG will prolly offer more when they get around to it?)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 02:54:08 pm by ImWolf »
Just think of what my life might be.....   In a world like I have seen!

Offline Spencer

• Radio Astronomer
  • Admiral
  • "Well ... let's play this out logically then ..."
« Reply #2191 on: November 25, 2018, 06:57:18 pm »
Paul is already making supplemental PE for the details and for a shuttlebay and both will be out in the near future ...
http://www.paragrafix.biz/product_detail.asp?PPartNum=PGX218
http://www.paragrafix.biz/product_detail.asp?PPartNum=PGX219

Steve over at CultTVMan will have them in stock soon as well.
My fledgling blog and YouTube page:
https://spencersscifimodels.blogspot.com/
http://youtube.com/c/SpencerWolfe

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."
- Dr. Carl Sagan

Offline ImWolf

• Admiral
« Reply #2192 on: November 28, 2018, 02:52:46 pm »
Finally got K'Tinga in my mail box.....   wooo hooo!

What was that rule of spending? "Why buy something expensive when you can buy two of them at twice the price?"

:b

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #2193 on: November 29, 2018, 09:58:54 am »
Paul is already making supplemental PE for the details and for a shuttlebay and both will be out in the near future ...
http://www.paragrafix.biz/product_detail.asp?PPartNum=PGX218
http://www.paragrafix.biz/product_detail.asp?PPartNum=PGX219

Steve over at CultTVMan will have them in stock soon as well.

I remember Paul commenting a couple of months ago on the 1/350 K'Tinga Facebook page that he was making a set for it, and that Green Strawberry would probably have something very, very similar shortly after that. A not so subtle dig at the competition.

They're also listed over at HDA Modelworx, though they're not in stock yet obviously.

http://hdamodelworx.com/KTinga-Photoetch-Set-1350-scale-Photoetch-Set-by-Paragrafix-_p_724.html
http://hdamodelworx.com/KTinga-Shuttle-Bay-1350-scale-Photoetch-Set-by-Paragrafix-_p_725.html
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #2194 on: December 04, 2018, 09:53:03 pm »
Thought I would post this. Santa endorsed. Got it in the mail about a week ago. Not on the build schedule right now, but if I get all the other "stuff" for it, it may leapfrog a few things.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline Guns Akimbo

• Captain
« Reply #2195 on: December 05, 2018, 07:28:47 am »
Finally got K'Tinga in my mail box.....   wooo hooo!

What was that rule of spending? "Why buy something expensive when you can buy two of them at twice the price?"

:b

I should sell one of my still-sealed, NIB's 1/350 refits in order to snag a K'Tinga.

Offline Decoman

• Captain
« Reply #2196 on: December 06, 2018, 02:30:40 am »
A small flask with an applicator brush, with superglue debonder. :)

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #2197 on: December 07, 2018, 12:30:46 pm »
A couple of wee additions to "The Stash".

Surprisingly enough my boss (otherwise/also known as Eleanor) wants me to do the shark one.

Been after one of these for years (would give my right kidney for the Spinosaurus)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 12:37:54 pm by TK Iain »
Iain

Offline Decoman

• Captain
« Reply #2198 on: December 10, 2018, 08:38:51 am »
I've been wanting that shark kit for some time. :)

There is this Korean guy that was able to put a submarine kit inside a solution of gel like goo after some 3-4 failed attempts (solution became hot and warped the model inside). I would very much like to see that shark inside some gel like substance. :) I might try do that myself if I ever get around to try it out (and buy it).

Eh, I seem to have a never ending list of kits to buy and for Christmas  and as I got myself that 1:72 railway cannon from HobbyBoss (and not surprisingly, people suggest correcting the kit) I don't see myself getting that fascinating shark kit anytime soon. :|

Offline LynnInDenver

• Commander
    • My husband and I on YouTube - TG256
« Reply #2199 on: December 15, 2018, 11:19:28 am »
My Christmas gift from my husband was presented, as usual, a little early.

I now have a PowerSpec Ultra 2.0 3d printer (basically a FlashForge Dreamer), and I've been playing with it for a week. I'll be starting to print stuff for my scale modeling here in the near future.

Offline Decoman

• Captain
« Reply #2200 on: December 17, 2018, 02:41:05 am »
Somewhat off topic perhaps:

As with most scale model kits, there are flaws, and I went looking for heh "electrical" railroad rails for a 1:72 project that has king size rails, maybe double the height of what was expected.
And not knowing much about trains scales, there was much confusion and anguish for a whole day never seeming to find the info I needed on the internet. Eventually I figured out that in train hobby related stuff "gauge" is the inside distance between rails on a track and that "code" is the height of the metal rail part itself, measured in thousands of an inch, e.g .143. HO scale rails seemed too small (1:76/1:87 scale) and I think I ended up with O Gauge rails 900+ mm long, with Code 143, equating to a rail height of 3.63 mm (25,4 mm x 0.143). The kit rails were 5 mm tall. Normal rails should perhaps be 2+ mm tall, so I chose something in between the overly large and the seemingly-too-small rails. These rails has a zinc alloy I think I learned, and these can be soldered. Called zink silver or something like that. I had to make sure I found "flat bottom" rails and not "bullhead" rails.

So I ordered a six pack (heh) of:
Peco IL-7FB (FB='flat bottom' rail profile as opposed to 'bullhead' rail profiles which are slimmer) Peco (brand) O gauge.

Btw, standard rail gauge in the world is apparently 1435 mm.

So I ordered six loose rails, and despite the difficulties I found one store with sensible prices and they had one single box left. :)
If any of you ever buy a big German WW2 railway cannon, there might be some simple tweaks for making it more correct. I will have some fun correcting the barrel length and figure out how to rebuild train carriages.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 10:03:17 am by Decoman »

Offline Tshark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2201 on: December 17, 2018, 08:12:50 am »
My Christmas gift from my husband was presented, as usual, a little early.

I now have a PowerSpec Ultra 2.0 3d printer (basically a FlashForge Dreamer), and I've been playing with it for a week. I'll be starting to print stuff for my scale modeling here in the near future.

You do such nice work, I am looking forward to seeing what you do with a 3D printer.  Please keep us posted.

Offline USSBonchune

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2202 on: December 27, 2018, 03:45:23 pm »
I found a big score. Factory sealed even. Figure this would be a good first project: a little drilling, a little lighting, a lot of painting, and not as much work as 1/350 or the Ent-D.
"Second star to the right, and straight on till morning"

Offline Decoman

• Captain
« Reply #2203 on: December 29, 2018, 10:57:48 am »
I got myself some 10 cm long metal rods of varying size, for scratch building landing gear.
The larger bits of steel seems shiny enough, but the thinner ones look a little crude. I hope there is a way to make the steel more shiny somehow.

I also got myself a hand held cutting tool for styrene, however the mitre addon turned out to be junk. Inaccurate, wobbly, and unusable for thin bits of styrene. A bad purchase.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 10:59:40 am by Decoman »

Offline ImWolf

• Admiral
« Reply #2204 on: December 29, 2018, 02:40:24 pm »
I got myself some 10 cm long metal rods of varying size, for scratch building landing gear.
The larger bits of steel seems shiny enough, but the thinner ones look a little crude. I hope there is a way to make the steel more shiny somehow.

Grab the rods in your rotary tool to sand/polish them by wrapping some sand paper / emory cloth around them while spinning.

Enterprise © Bloc