Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BSG MK 7  (Read 2087 times)

Offline big game nerd

• Admiral
BSG MK 7
« on: October 09, 2012, 10:19:33 pm »
Hi all,
Here is what I am working on at the moment.  I did not like the guns that came with the ship, so I changed them and still don't really care for them.
This pic is the first change that I made.  Basically just replaced the kit guns with styrene tube cut at a 45 degree angle.

In the second I am thinking of cutting out the black areas and making them more conventional like a WW2 fighter with a row of 3 cannons mounted on top inside of tubing that would be cut in half and faired into the wing.  Cant really add them inside the wing as that area of the body is solid and mounts over the bottom.  Sorry for the mess on the desk, that is what happens when I get caught up in these things
Thoughts and comments are welcome.
Thanks
Steve
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:21:39 pm by big game nerd »

Offline br0t

• Captain
Re: BSG MK 7
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 11:17:08 pm »
I can't really make any recommendations on where you are since I have no experience with this kit, but what you're doing so far looks good.  Hopefully someone here has done this before and can give you some advice.

And don't apologize, my bench is a perpetual mess ;)

Offline lotno249

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 12:06:17 am »
Looking good so far.  Great modifications.  How about someWW2brass machine gun barrels?  They are readily available and would give a cool and interesting look to the model.  Any thoughts about that.  Keep up the good work.
DJ
GO SPEED RACER GO!

Offline TrekkieJamie

• Commander
  • "Tough Little Ship" ..... "Little!?!"
    • TrekkieModeler Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 02:17:28 am »
That is some tide Assembly work Steve!!!! Looking forward to seeing your choice of finish ;-)

Jmar

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 11:38:59 am »
I wish I had some advice to offer re: guns...

However I'm very much looking forward to your build and your solution. This is the best part, in my mind anyway. Come across a problem find a creative (and stellar looking) fix :)

Offline big game nerd

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 12:37:03 pm »
Well, i forged on ahead.  I decided to cut out the offending guns and replace them with my own.  Here is where I am so far. 
This one is of the cut outs that I made

This is the styrene plug

And last is the putty work.  Waiting on this to dry and then Ill sand and do the panel lines back to original

Again, comments, questions or help is appreciated
Thanks
Steve
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:43:04 pm by big game nerd »

Offline lotno249

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 02:13:12 pm »
I am interested to see where this is going.  Keep up the good work.
DJ
GO SPEED RACER GO!

Enterprise © Bloc