Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/350 Star Battleship Yamato  (Read 946 times)

Offline Alan B.

• Lieutenant
1/350 Star Battleship Yamato
« on: December 24, 2013, 10:02:03 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Merry Christrmas and seasons best wishes to you all!!!   Hope you and your loved ones have a safe and enjoyable festive season.   :)

Well in addition to wanting to pass on my best to you all for Christmas I wanted to share my latest model, Bandai 1/350 Star Battleship Yamato.  It's 99% done although I am still debating if I should weather the ship or leave it pristine.   I have a thing for wanting my models to look like they just came out of drydock.  hahahahaha

I was very nervous about buying this model as it is very EXPENSIVE and the additional delivery charges really makes it expensive!!!!  :-(  Anyway I thought you only live once and I had heard so much about it that I had to give it a go.    I can in all honesty say the model as a kit is brilliant.  The parts have been molded with fantastic levels of tolerance and fine detail which you need to see to believe.  If anyone is thinking about buying and building this model I say do it you won't regret it.

Well here are a couple of photos of my Yamato!!   Merry Christmas!!!

Offline Alan B.

• Lieutenant
Re: 1/350 Star Battleship Yamato
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 10:14:45 pm »
Ooops here are the photos

Offline Alan B.

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 10:21:55 pm »
and another.

Offline Alan B.

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 10:27:01 pm »
and another :-)

Offline Julien

• Admiral
  • Call me Ju...
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 03:20:01 am »
Merry Christmas, Alan !

That's a beautiful ship you got there !

I'd go for some weathering even if it's just for adding some shade here and there...

Offline Alan B.

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 03:27:52 am »
Thanks Julian!  I agree a little shadow here and there would work. I have painted the stand a matt black which I had used before and really liked which took away the toy feel from the model.   I still have fine detail and the aircraft to do which I can't wait to start.  Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.  :-)

Enterprise © Bloc