Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Monogram Voyager  (Read 4106 times)

Offline wolf 359

• Admiral
Re: Monogram Voyager
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 09:11:54 pm »
I built a Reliant last year, and right after I finished, a photo etch kit was released.  The photo etch has templates to drill out the windows for lighting.  I was kinda mad that I didn't have that available.

That said, if I were to light it, I'd build another one.  There are many other mistakes I made, and building another one is the way to correct a lot of that.  My second one would be much better in all respects than the first. 

So if you'd like to light your Voyager, I'm with the rest of the guys here in saying... build another one!

BTW, yours looks great as is!  Nothing to be ashamed of!

Thanks Matta I have a Reliant in stash with the pe

Offline wolf 359

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 09:14:49 pm »
Hey man.

Voyager looks awesome, i really hope mine turns out as good as yours. It's still on hold till my LED's come.

As far as Voyager from Revell Germany, yes, it comes with options to build it with open hangar bay or closed+small shuttle craft. Also cleared parts for deflector and engines and some windows.

Thanks Jaki I'm sure yours will come out fine.

Offline wolf 359

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 10:05:33 am »
Hey Wolf, great job.  I too would recommend getting another kit.  Regular styrene glue melts the plastic together.  I have never been very successful trying to fix errors on seams with this glue.  I have used CA before and those seems are easier to open, but still it is a very tough job and you already got a great model together there.

I have been thinking about ordering the Revell of Germany version of this kit.  I heard that that one comes with a open shuttle bay and I really would like that.  I may be wrong, but I understand that the US version of Revell's kit doesn't have that... anyway I have been watching Steve Neil's build of this kit online.  He lit the kit after opening all the windows and used the PE kit and DLM parts. His build is really cool and has helped me understand what I need to plan on.  I wish this kit was available in clear plastic.  There is a lot of windows to drill out.  Still want to do it though...

If you haven't seen it here is the link to part one: http://youtu.be/gXZtRGn2xFc

My kindle did not let me finish. Mine does not have a open shuttle bay. I wish it did. You can get scale run a bouts and the Delta Flyer for this kit from Starfleet -modeler.com

I take that back HDTAX. It is not Starfleet-modeler.com, it is Federation Models. Here is the link

http://www.federationmodels.com/

Offline HDATX

• HDAmodelworx
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 03:13:29 pm »
thanks wolf!
"There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope..."

Enterprise © Bloc