Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Greetings from New England!  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Underlord

• Ensign
Greetings from New England!
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:31:52 pm »
Hey folks! I've been enjoying TrekWorks' vids for some time now. I troll around many sci-fi boards, and pretty much keep to that genre. Star Trek models are my first passion, but my best work to date has been on Star Wars ships. I just finished a diorama for the SMA contest, and next up will be a test TOS Enterprise from a 3rd generation kit that someone had already started. I'm planning on trying out the technique Steve Neil uses for windows, specifically drilling them out, using a clear polymer (Dental Acrylic) to fill them, and using cut-out masks before primer. I plan on doing a better job on a 2nd 3rd generation kit I have with lots of after-market goodies.

When I'm not slinging styrene, I love hacking Arduino microcontrollers. I've got a plan to use blue-tooth communications from my cellphone to control my Refit lighting when I get around to it!  I'm a big fan of open-source, so if you are interested in what I've done so far, I'd be glad to share. I just ask that if you make it better, let me have a copy!

I hope great things happen here, and look forward to seeing them!

http://agn3.com/NeverGetMyGoat/NeverGetMyGoat6.jpg

Offline fumblethumbs

• Admiral
Re: Greetings from New England!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:40:26 pm »
Another avatar name I recognize.  Hi Underlord!
Ooooooo!  I think I may buy that kit!

Jeff.

Offline TrekWorks

• Admin
  • Admiral
    • TrekWorks
Re: Greetings from New England!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 11:29:12 pm »
Welcome Underlord, just going on your info, I think you will enjoy yourself here.
Everyone here seems to enjoy the fun side of the hobby and are always willing to answer questions and share info.
Make yourself at home and have a good time.
If It's a model kit, I like it already.

Enterprise © Bloc