Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/100 MG Sazabi ver Ka (Box Stock)  (Read 8446 times)

Offline fumblethumbs

• Admiral
Re: 1/100 MG Sazabi ver Ka
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 03:19:24 pm »
Oh wow!   Lovely clean paintwork there Daniel!
Ooooooo!  I think I may buy that kit!

Jeff.

Offline Kila2000

• Trainee Borg
  • Admiral
  • I will finish a model, I will finish a model ...
    • Models by Wil
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 01:52:23 am »
To anyone who has not seen or built one of the Mobile Suit kits, let me tell, they are INCREDIBLE kits! Bandai has made these guys fully articulated, ever the fingers move, and they are constantly improving on past kits. They are always looking for ways to make them more and more detail and yet retain or even surpass the level of movement. The kits have numerous "gimmicks" built in to simulate real moving parts, and this particular kit is jam packed with them.

Sorry to have hijacked the thread a bit, but I just had to get across our AWESOME these kits are.

And by the way, nice work on the legs so far. Can see from the pic of you holding one how huge this guy is. I'm eagerly waiting on more.
Wil, the Kiwi Borg, in training.

I'm not a complete Borg, some pieces are missing.

Offline big game nerd

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 04:41:52 am »
Looking good, that came out nice and clean.  Gret job

Offline DizWhiz

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 12:13:19 pm »
Wow talk about a head start! Nice, clean work  so far.
-Dave

Offline DanielCline

• Commander
    • Professional Website
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 02:14:28 pm »
Thanks for the comments guys... For those who may not be familiar with these kits, this is a straight build painted, no mods no add ons, nothing but what comes for the kit.

yeah it may seem like I'm really out to the races, but this is a small fraction of the total parts, and this is just the inner frame the details don't need to be as precise as the outer armour, thats where things will slow down considerable!!!

also it's important to add this is my main modelling hobby, doing these Gundam kits, so Its much more familiar to me than lets say the refit or a car model... I don't have to pause to do much thinking....

that being said thanks so much everyone for your interest and words...

WIP # 2 March 2 2014

Here is the lot that got finish painted today, there are parts painted but are awaiting clear coat so I didn't add those.

close up ... this is the back skirt

This is one of the ways I am able to pair these many parts so fast, I have about two more trays full more than what you see here...

example of the stock plastic Finnish and then after painting:

Offline jguard68

• JC Modelworks
  • Commander
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 02:49:39 pm »
Wow, do the rest of us even bother finishing? Great work!!
JC Modelworks, Professional Model Building

Offline Lufty

• Captain
  • Boldly going...
    • Lufty.net
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 02:58:04 pm »
Wow! Your paint looks great!

Thanks for posting the image of how you paint multiple parts simultaneously using the ol' steak Styrofoam container! Brilliant! I will be using that method for sure!

I also like how you used the alligator clips attached to sections of tubing/dowels. I bought a bunch of alligator clips when I first was organizing tools for modeling a few weeks back, and now I've got a great use for them!

So far, I'm impressed with your paint skills, everything looks so clean. Awesome!
Boldly going...

Offline wolf 359

• Admiral
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 03:32:11 pm »
Wow that looks great Daniel! Painting is clean and crisp.

Offline DanielCline

• Commander
    • Professional Website
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 01:44:46 am »
couldn't resist putting some of the assemblies together.. this has since been taken back apart, but I wanted to see how the metallic were working together. I'm quite pleased.

the propellant tanks need to be redone though because the paint buffed off a little too much on the ends....

Offline jellis11

• Admiral
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 08:27:53 am »
Pretty cool Daniel....I'm not familiar with these kits....do the parts "snap" together or glue? Very cool concept. I may have to look into getting one of these!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:35:20 pm by jellis11 »
"Why don't we just... wait here for a little while... see what happens?"

Offline 3rdplacetrekkie

• Admiral
  • "What does God need with a starship!?"
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 12:57:54 am »
Whoa! slow down! you have 3 months! lol looking great! your painting is superb!
"Accomplishments, awards, accolades, and achievements... but when it's all said and done, what will stand?  For I tell you that my while my physical life will end and memory of me may fade, what I live for will stand for all eternity. And that is what makes my life worth living."

Offline DanielCline

• Commander
    • Professional Website
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 08:08:38 am »
@ jellis11: The parts don't really "snap". they are engineered with such tight tolerances that the more "fit tightly" there is not real mechanism to snap them as they are often taken apart again.

Its very common with these kits when you intend to paint them, is to build them, then take it all apart again to paint... that way you can see trouble areas you might run into, devise a good painting strategy and also identify parts that do not need to be painted.

@ 3rdplacetrekkie: Need to strike while the irons hot!!! I might have to move again during the build which will eat up a lot of time.... on the other hand it may look like I got a lot don't but not really... this is the easy part, the inner frame doesn't really need to be primed, not does the gates need to be sands and they are mostly on the inside of parts, also there is no seem work needed because they fit along mechanical separations.... once i start doing the outer armour then we REALLY slow down.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:33:04 am by DanielCline »

Offline paubin

• Lieutenant
  • Please Captain, not in front of the Klingons
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2014, 10:00:57 am »
Wow, move or no move, your making me feel like I'm on the SS Botany Bay and you're the 1701E. Lookin cool bro.

Offline The Model Dude

• I'm the Dude, man
  • Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2014, 11:03:52 am »
Holy cow!  This kit is super detailed, and you are building it up super clean!   :o  Very, very impressive.  Keep sharing the eye candy my friend.   8)
That model really tied the room together.

Offline wolf 359

• Admiral
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2014, 12:28:05 pm »
That is going to be so cool when you are finished! Great work!

Enterprise © Bloc