Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Polar Lights 1:1000 build links?  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Lufty

• Captain
  • Boldly going...
    • Lufty.net
Polar Lights 1:1000 build links?
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:57:12 am »
Hey all,

Anyone know any good Polar Lights 1:1000 build links? I have run across many, Boyd's is great, but looking for something with some close up info on the nacelle attachment, and or gridline/home Aztec painting ideas.
Boldly going...

dlots1701a

Re: Polar Lights 1:1000 build links?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:06:16 am »
can't help on links but i can tell you this this attachment for the nacelles is a tricky beast recommend widen the opening so when you slip the nacelle in and twist to lock your nacelle will look even as far as grid lines my personal feeling is this kit doesn't need them i have seen these kit in contests all across the southeast and none have grid linesso i would leave them off

Offline Julien

• Admiral
  • Call me Ju...
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 09:31:03 am »
Build that kit twice, never found the way to attach those nacelles correctly...

Offline Lufty

• Captain
  • Boldly going...
    • Lufty.net
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 01:30:13 pm »
can't help on links but i can tell you this this attachment for the nacelles is a tricky beast recommend widen the opening so when you slip the nacelle in and twist to lock your nacelle will look even as far as grid lines my personal feeling is this kit doesn't need them i have seen these kit in contests all across the southeast and none have grid linesso i would leave them off

I've been looking and test fitting the nacelles to the supports, not sure how to they go together at all. You mentioned a "twist" action...any chance on elaborating on that? I'm afraid to file the openings without really having a good understanding of how the "twist" or haw they fit...seems like they just don't and that's one of the problems with the kit perhaps.
Boldly going...

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 11:33:42 pm »
I found that it wass best to cut some small V-notches in the nacelle slots. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:27:25 am by starsiegeplayer »

Enterprise © Bloc