Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: a little more about myself  (Read 661 times)

Offline bigdcop

• Ensign
a little more about myself
« on: April 21, 2014, 06:43:15 pm »
Hi everyone, I think I have this figured out now.  I have been building models since childhood and have always loved it.  I am retired from the Air Force as a Medical / Crime Scene photographer and Illustrator, I was in for 22 years and yes even as a photographer I seen combat and have the scars to prove it.  After the military I joined the Sheriff's Office as a Deputy/Crime Scene photographer in a county in Northwest Florida which I retired from last year after 18 years.  Now with a lot of time on my hands (yeah right) I have decided to become a professional model maker and builder and try to get them as close to studio ready as I can.  now that I have figured out what size to make them I am attaching more of my work let me know what you think and please be brutal it's the only way to learn.   

Quarky

Re: a little more about myself
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 01:19:56 am »
Well to be brutal, I'm pretty sure the second claw on the left hand of the beast should be 0.05mm longer....other than that, awesome work sir, and welcome aboard!  8)

Offline ImWolf

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 01:41:42 pm »
Hmmpf.....  you're going to spend your retirement building models of spaceships and monsters? You are one sick puppy!!!

(welcome to the club)

:b
Just think of what my life might be.....   In a world like I have seen!

Offline The Model Dude

• I'm the Dude, man
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 08:27:37 pm »
Hello and welcome!   :)
That model really tied the room together.

Enterprise © Bloc