Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The first kit I bothered to finish....... sort of. K'tinga!  (Read 2236 times)

Offline smusno

• Commander
The first kit I bothered to finish....... sort of. K'tinga!
« on: November 19, 2012, 04:51:55 pm »
I picked this kit up cheap cheap on ebay, with no decals and a big old gouge out of one of the wing tips.

I still need to do the impulse engines, and pick out some of the detail on the back.

But for a first build............ Im happy.
"if its paint, or plastic. it can be fixed"

Offline TrekWorks

• Admin
  • Admiral
    • TrekWorks
Re: The first kit I bothered to finish....... sort of. K'tinga!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 05:28:11 pm »
She looks fab Smus. Nice job on the paint details.
If It's a model kit, I like it already.

Offline br0t

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 07:42:11 pm »
Looks good smus, the d7/k'tinga is one of my favs

Offline Garbaron

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 02:17:07 am »
Looks great!

I really like the colors you used for the feather patterns.

I build this kit years back too but the neck and head section did not go on to the enginerring section very well
(thanks to part fit and my less then good model building skills of the day) and thus she was nose heavy as hell.

Never liked the thing I build and she blew up in flaming ball of glory at new years eve years aga! :-D

Offline wolf 359

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 08:42:43 am »
Look good smusno. nice paint job.

Offline Schweinhund

• Commander
    • Schweinhund Models
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 10:01:25 am »
I'm not knowledgeable enough with BOP   but why are some...  SLICK !   or Smooth ?   and others like this one...  full of Details ridges and High Reliefs ???     is it an ERA thing ?  or a scale thing ???   

I like this one !  compared to the 1/1000th one I just bought for the up coming group build !      I got decals for all those Nice triangles!!!

if you guys know ?   let me know ! 

Thanks !

Offline Schweinhund

• Commander
    • Schweinhund Models
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 12:27:13 pm »
so !   what you are saying is....    Smooth is good for OTS ?   and raised is OK for more modern ST movies ?   but are the same thing ?

LOL

so if I were to duplicate the Decals into styrene ???   and apply them to the body would it be acceptable or something FRANKENSTEINish ??? for a OTS vessel ?

soo many questions !

Offline smusno

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 03:27:06 am »
so !   what you are saying is....    Smooth is good for OTS ?   and raised is OK for more modern ST movies ?   but are the same thing ?

LOL

so if I were to duplicate the Decals into styrene ???   and apply them to the body would it be acceptable or something FRANKENSTEINish ??? for a OTS vessel ?

soo many questions !

The TOS ships were all pretty smooth. I think the only ship in TOS with more than just space weathering was the Romulans, who for some reason GREW FEATHERS.

However, it would be unfair to put all that lush aztek work on the refit for the movies, and not offer some kind of scale to the opposition!

Hence, the K'tinga was born. Oh, and......... i think the studio model for the K'tinga/Kronos One was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger!!
"if its paint, or plastic. it can be fixed"

Offline lunhil

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 06:14:13 pm »
Nice work on those colors! The weathering is subtle and perfect.

Offline Schweinhund

• Commander
    • Schweinhund Models
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 09:42:51 am »

LOL

soo many questions !

The TOS ships were all pretty smooth. I think the only ship in TOS with more than just space weathering was the Romulans, who for some reason GREW FEATHERS.

However, it would be unfair to put all that lush aztek work on the refit for the movies, and not offer some kind of scale to the opposition!

Hence, the K'tinga was born. Oh, and......... i think the studio model for the K'tinga/Kronos One was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger!!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions !

if those reliefs were made available for the smaller 1/1000 scale one...  it would Boost my interest in building one...  even more !

Thanks again Buddy !

Norm.

Enterprise © Bloc