Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Good places to buy Trek Kits in the UK?  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Scarecrow

• Ensign
Good places to buy Trek Kits in the UK?
« on: August 29, 2014, 06:44:35 am »
Hey there,

I was watching Boyd build his 1400 scale clear Enterprise D and the 'paint and scrape' window method is the first real workable method for doing the D's windows that I've ever encountered and it's made me really itchy to build one now.
However, Amazon UK doesn't have one at all and Ebay has one single one I think from an overseas source. I can't believe that this kit is completely unavailable after such a short period of time (and even if it is, I'd still expect to see it listed on Amazon). So I was wondering if there are good outlets or retailers in the UK that carry a decent range of Trek (and sci-fi in general really) model kits, particularly if they carry the aforementioned Enterprise D kit.
Links and/or contact addresses would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Offline Artie

• Admiral
Re: Good places to buy Trek Kits in the UK?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:21:04 am »
well the Clear D was a limited run.....and is hard to get hold of.....in Australia they command prices of over $100......and also they had a quality defect as well....warped saucers...due to manufacturing quality issues.....

so if you find a good one buy it

I built one and they are a great kit ( its in the WIP threads).... Titled.... Clear D for a newbie

also Hello and welcome 8)

Good luck with your quest

regards Artie

Offline Scarecrow

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 07:47:15 am »
Alright, thanks Artie. I guess that clears up why the Clear D is so difficult to find. It's a real shame. Maybe they'll do a more readily available run at some point if I can't get hold of one now.

Offline Captain-Mc-Mutt-Nutts

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 08:04:50 pm »
Hi Scarecrow,

I am in the UK too and I just got hold of one of these a couple of weeks ago, I had to order it on ebay from Australia and it cost

Quarky

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 01:01:21 pm »
You could try the trading post on these forums... IIRC some SFMA members have more than one :)

Enterprise © Bloc