Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Motion Picture 1:350 Enterprise Build Part 2 Drydock  (Read 18037 times)

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
Re: The Motion Picture 1:350 Enterprise Build Part 2 Drydock
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2017, 03:53:24 pm »
Hi all,

A small update for my Drodock build.

I made a start on the Light Panel front faces all 42 off them. Got them cut to size and all the openings cut out.
All that took a couple weeks since there are so many.
Here's some progress pics.

Scott.

Offline NemVia

• Commander
    • NemVia Productions
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2017, 03:54:54 pm »
Looking good Scoot. Nice to see the updates.
Mark
"...once it's activated. there's no way to stop it!" - Scotty - DMa
http://www.NemVia.net

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2017, 03:48:46 pm »
Steady as she goes, Scott!

This is a long haul build! Keep at it and I agree with Mark:

Nice to see the updates.

Steve
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline NemVia

• Commander
    • NemVia Productions
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2017, 09:48:14 pm »
Well, Scott, I can see you might've stalled on this build. I was wondering if you're having trouble in some area? Maybe I can offer a suggestion? I know this is a very complicated structure and solving some of the structural problems can be daunting. But it can be done. IF you're just taking a break from it, that's cool too. I know it's a ton of work but it's worth it! You just have to keep plugging along. Let us know what's going on!
Mark
"...once it's activated. there's no way to stop it!" - Scotty - DMa
http://www.NemVia.net

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2017, 06:02:41 pm »
Well, Scott, I can see you might've stalled on this build. I was wondering if you're having trouble in some area? Maybe I can offer a suggestion? I know this is a very complicated structure and solving some of the structural problems can be daunting. But it can be done. IF you're just taking a break from it, that's cool too. I know it's a ton of work but it's worth it! You just have to keep plugging along. Let us know what's going on!
Mark

Hi Mark, sorry for the time it took to reply, I've been really busy lately with work and don't have as much time as I would like for modelling. Anyway I'm not having any problems with the build I'm just having a break from it because cutting and making hundreds of small detail parts was getting too repetitive and I didn't feel as if I was making much progress. If you want you can contact me directly by email, I'll get to that a lot quicker. You can find my email address in the about me part of my profile here.

Scott.

Offline MarkW

• Plastic Surgeon
  • Admiral
    • MW ModelWerks
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2017, 11:25:21 am »
I'd still throw out there making one master and then resin copies could make this a lot less painful.  Maybe...
MarkW
"I can cross stab Hitler to death off the list of cool crap I thought I'd never do"
--Brock Sampson
NEW WEB ADDRESS

Enterprise © Bloc