Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Motion Picture 1:350 Enterprise Build Part 2 Drydock  (Read 18035 times)

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
Re: The Motion Picture 1:350 Enterprise Build Part 2 Drydock
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 01:45:52 am »
Hi Mark,

I would like to suspend the Enterprise in the Drydock as you have, (yours looks awesome!), but I feel that I don't have the skill for that. I'm not confident that I could build the Enterprise  so that it could be supported from the saucer. Anyway after I complete this project I plan to build a 1:350 Reliant and I thought it would be a good idea to take photos of it under construction in the Drydock.

I left the opening on the left side to build the gangway into the opening and then fill in the side panels around it.

For everyone,

Just a quick update..

I have started marking out the overhead light panels and have cut out the first two panel openings.

Here is a couple pics.

Scott.

Offline trekker9211

• Admiral
  • Coming home
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 01:12:34 pm »
Thanks for answering my question Scott. It will be interesting to see how you suspend the big E in the drydock. Kudos dude, awesome work!!!
Phil

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 06:27:05 pm »
Hi all,

Made a little more progress with the second overhead module. I now have cut out all the openings for the overhead light panels and the square bits which can be seen in the first photo.

I have cut out all the frames for the light panels as seen in the second photo.

And I have made a start tidying up the seams for the first overhead module which can be seen in the last photo.

Thanks for answering my question Scott. It will be interesting to see how you suspend the big E in the drydock. Kudos dude, awesome work!!!
I'm just planning to use a stand for the Enterprise. I'm planning to get one from HDA Modelworx and use a picture I found on the internet for the movie on the top of the base.

That's all for now.
Scott.

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 04:57:10 pm »
Hi all,

Just a quick update.

I've started work on the side structures for the second overhead module, which has been time consuming.
I've cut out all the pieces I need to make the basic structures and assembled the first 4. 10 more to go.
once that is complete I will move on to the detailing pieces.

Here is a couple pics.

Scott.

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 03:44:11 pm »
Hi all,

I've been working on the side pieces for the second overhead module. I now have all 14 built with the basic structure so now they are ready for the detailing pieces. The 4th photo shows the detailing from one of the side pieces of the first overhead module looking up from the bottom. I need to do this to the ones I've just built.

I've also been working on filling in all the seams and getting them sanded on the first overhead module. This one is nearly ready for the next stage of detailing.

That's all for now.
Scott.

Offline NemVia

• Commander
    • NemVia Productions
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 04:20:19 pm »
Aahhhh Yes, this brings back many memories! Lot's and Lot's of parts and details. It's looking good so far! Love the progress you're making on this, Scott.  Looking forward to more pics! I should have an update on mine in a week or so! Keep up the great work!
Mark
"...once it's activated. there's no way to stop it!" - Scotty - DMa
http://www.NemVia.net

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 01:34:23 am »
Thanks for the feedback Mark.

Hi everyone,

Thought I would put up a quick update.

I've been working on the detailing of the side pieces. The first photo shows the piece that I have cut out for the first stage of the detailing. All the parts I've cut in the first photo is about a 3rd of what I need, so I have the first detailing stage completed on 5 of the side pieces so for. It's turning out to be very tedious and time consuming with the small parts. The second photos shows what I have done so far.

I have also gone back and done a little work on the Enterprise modifying the Nacelles to make them more accurate as there are a lot of inaccuracies in the Nacelles. I have ended up having to rebuild a new nacelle as the first attempt to fix one of the inaccuracies didn't work as planned and I couldn't save the Nacelle.

So that will be it for this update.

Scott.

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 06:45:23 am »
Hi all,

I have finally finished the side pieces for the second overhead module.
Now they are ready to be glued on and start work on the side panels.

Here is a photo of the completed side pieces.

Scott.

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 04:53:08 pm »
Hi all,

The second overhead module is taking shape.

I now have all the side pieces glued on and I have glued on all the side panels.
I have also cut out the openings at the 2 ends and drilled out the holes in the underside for the downward spotlights.

So here is a few pics of the 2 over head modules together.

Next I will  be working on filling in the seams and gaps with putty on the 2nd overhead module.

Scott.

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 08:26:27 pm »
Hi all,

I've been working on the putty work for the second overhead module and it's slowly getting there.
The second one has been a lot easier to build since I was able to work out all the dimensions of everything from the first overhead module. So building the second one was smoother. The first 2 photos show the progress so far. Still have a bit more to do before it is ready for the next stage.

The first overhead module I found a couple places that needed a little more putty to get it perfect, so that is almost done.

The last couple days I've made a start on the detailing pieces that I will need to detail the underside of the modules. I've cut out hundreds of pieces and also got other things from the shops to help with the detailing. You will see in the third photo the box I am using for all the detailing pieces. The last photo shows a few of the first pieces I cut out on the overhead module so I could get an idea of how it is going to work.

That's all for now.

Scott.

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 06:07:29 pm »
Hi all,

I have made a start on the detailing of the underside of the first overhead module. So many parts!!!

The few pieces that I have already put on has made a big difference with how flat and smooth the module was. I now looks like it's textured. Anyway there is a long way to go in the detailing and I still have more pieces to make and materials to order for it. But it is getting there slowly.

Here are a few pics of how it is starting to take shape.

That's all for now.
Scott.

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 03:35:46 am »
Hi all,

Thought I would put a small up date and a couple pics of my progress.

I'm still working on the detailing of the underside of the first overhead module.
I've been working on the first 3, 6 inch square panels. which can be seen in the first photo.
You can see the difference the detailing pieces make with the bare second overhead module next to it.
There is so many pieces to go on and the first 2 squares have about 1/4 to 1/3 of the detailing on it so far. Long way to go yet!

The second photo is just for a perspective shot from the front.

That will be all for now.

Scott.

Offline NemVia

• Commander
    • NemVia Productions
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 07:38:02 pm »
Lookin' Good Scott!
Keep it coming! Go! Go! Go! Lot's and Lot's of details!
Mark
"...once it's activated. there's no way to stop it!" - Scotty - DMa
http://www.NemVia.net

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 07:47:50 pm »
Thanks Mark.
I've been looking through your photos of your current build and seeing what detailing I can add that I didn't see on your 1/350 scale version. I started to add detailing on the frames around the light panels, I have to say the detailing I've added so far is looking good.

For everyone,

Slowly adding all the detailing to the first overhead modules. I have detailing to all 7 squares of the module now and is looking good.
I've now started on the next lot of detailing to the first 2 squares. I have also started to add detailing pieces to the frame of the first light panel. Good thing my eye sight is perfect as the pieces I have cut out and glued on are really, really small!

So here is a few pics taken during the process. The last 3 photos show the light panel frame at different stages of the detailing pieces going on.

Scott.

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 12:42:18 am »
Hi All,

Just a few pics of the Enterprise and Drydock together to see how it looks.

Scott.

Enterprise © Bloc