Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UK (or EU) based lighting kit sellers?  (Read 1133 times)

Offline asmcelhinney

• Ensign
UK (or EU) based lighting kit sellers?
« on: March 29, 2015, 02:13:12 pm »
Hi all, I'm sniffing around looking to see if there are any online stores or sellers producing lighting kits (nav/strobe board type things) in the UK. I have seen wiredfx mentioned here and there but the website is dead and I can find no other trace of them. There are also a couple of sellers on ebay with what look like over priced collections of plain leds, nothing worthwhile it seems.

I know I can get what I want from tenacontrols (and others) but unfortunately my last order from them has been 'lost' by Royal Mail (after a month of being unhelpful Royal Mail eventually sent a letter saying 'sorry, not our problem') so I'm reluctant to order from the US at present.

Surely there's someone making or selling similar products over here?

Offline Mstowell

• Admiral
  • Gort! Barenga!
Matt

Offline khitomer

• Commander
  • Dum Spiro, Spero
Re: UK (or EU) based lighting kit sellers?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 01:53:30 am »
Forget the eBay seller, all he supplies is a load of leds with no further instructions! For Europe/UK I can recommend Daniel Beck at http://www.helios-models-lighting.com/ superb quality electronics and lighting for startships!
Still going boldly!

Offline WeeMoe

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 12:16:54 pm »
Which kit did you use from Helios? Can you recommend the jjprise/tos spinning bustard kit?

Offline asmcelhinney

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 04:51:46 pm »
The  helios site is frustrating,  no pricing and practically no info, nor does  the order/contact form appear to work. Damn shame cos the  jjprise bussards are  the  best I've seen!

Enterprise © Bloc