Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [MPC / Round 2 Space: 1999 Eagle Transporter] 22-Inch 1:48 Original Release  (Read 8283 times)

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
Re: [MPC / Round 2 Space: 1999 Eagle Transporter] 22-Inch 1:48 Original Release
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 11:30:45 am »
Hi, Everyone.

Jay Chladek was lucky enough to receive one of the first test shots of the upcoming MPC / Round 2 1:48 22-inch Eagle Transporter, so he was good enough to post a nice long YouTube video showing it off:

https://youtu.be/t3g5_PFa5JY

Check it out!

:)
"They've done studies, you know.  60% of the time, it works every time."

-----

Google+: https://plus.google.com/109660073537038906328

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
Re: [MPC / Round 2 Space: 1999 Eagle Transporter] 22-Inch 1:48 Original Release
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 10:58:16 am »
Hi, Everyone.

Round 2 posted an update on the kit.  They provided lots of new pictures...

A finished build:

Instruction sheet:

Decal sheet:

Box art:

Deluxe Accessory Set:

Some notes:
  • Round 2 is having problems getting decals made by Cartograf of Italy to their Chinese kit manufacturers for pack-in.  So Round 2 will not be able to use Cartograf products with their Polar Lights, MPC, and AMT kits until around mid-2016.
  • Round 2 is hoping for a Christmas 2015 release of this kit.
If you want to check out their blog post, here you go: www.collectormodel.com/round2-models/2448-space1999-models-22-eagle-update/

-----

Offline Artie

• Admiral
Hello all.....well I usually get the Sprue bros email about latest releases on NEW ITEMS...so

this kit is NOW available.....and I didnt even know they were going to make the 1/48 model so Ive spent the last 2 hours drooling on various site to look at the kit....LOL.

Any how its available here.... :)

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/mpc0825.htm

Ohh and living downunder ( Australia)  I really dont have any  business interests in Sprue Bros :P

Offline Guns Akimbo

• Captain
Hurry up tax return, dammit! Lol.

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
I wasn't going to get this kit right now due to recent financial stresses to the budget, but I weakened and put it on backorder from one of the larger online hobby stores. The price was the best I had seen, with free shipping. I'm in no big hurry to get it -have plenty to keep me busy for a long while, but didn't want to pass it up and have the price start going up in few months due to demand.

I had two of the old MPC kits way back when I was in high school, but neither survived when I moved into my current house many years ago.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:27:31 pm by pakratt840 »
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
Hi, Everyone.

Round 2 just updated their blog regarding the 1:48 Eagle Transporter kit and they presented some good news and some so-so news.

Let's start off with the so-so stuff....

• One point the factory misinterpreted in their final clean up was the presence of two "teeth" on the trailing edge of the command module halves. The presence of them would allow the main pod shell to grip onto the back wall without the need for cement. Unfortunately these were removed on accident and are not present on the first production run of kits. This has already been corrected on the tooling so subsequent production runs will have this feature.

• During the tool polishing stage, the factory got a bit carried away on the port windshield part causing a bit of a wave in it which gives a bit of distortion when looking through it. The tool is being reworked to correct this as well.

• There are pins present on the back side of the CM sensor dishes. These pins are oriented at an incorrect angle. This will get fixed later on too.

• Two errors were present in the data Round 2 sent to the factory that were used to create the model. Correcting these problems was problematic as it would require substantial tool work for the very slightest amount of change. The first error is the depth of the RCS thruster housing. They are 1mm too deep.

• The second error was not noticed until just recently. The nozzles on the loose Gemini domes should have been either A) been fudged a bit so one part could be used in every application or B) had lefts and rights made on the tool. Sadly this wasn't the case so now they "lean" (the angle is fairly slight) in the wrong direction in some cases.

• Lastly, the screws that are included in the kit are not "self tappers" so you will need to use a drill bit or another instrument to create a hole in the top of the passenger pod roof. Don't make the holes too big, obviously.

Now the good news...

Sell-through from Round 2's warehouse of the first production run has been brisk.  Round 2 is almost out of stock.  However, a second batch was already on order some time ago, but Round 2 doesn't expect those kits to arrive until late-January. And because sales have been so good, they've went ahead and placed a third order.  The second and third batches should probably have the three fixes mentioned above.

If you want to read Round 2's blog entry, here you go: http://www.collectormodel.com/round2-models/2487-mpc-models-the-eagles-have-landed/

-----

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
Hi, Everyone.

Round 2 just updated their blog regarding the 1:48 Eagle Transporter kit and they presented some good news and some so-so news.

Let's start off with the so-so stuff....

• One point the factory misinterpreted in their final clean up was the presence of two "teeth" on the trailing edge of the command module halves. The presence of them would allow the main pod shell to grip onto the back wall without the need for cement. Unfortunately these were removed on accident and are not present on the first production run of kits. This has already been corrected on the tooling so subsequent production runs will have this feature.

• During the tool polishing stage, the factory got a bit carried away on the port windshield part causing a bit of a wave in it which gives a bit of distortion when looking through it. The tool is being reworked to correct this as well.

• There are pins present on the back side of the CM sensor dishes. These pins are oriented at an incorrect angle. This will get fixed later on too.

• Two errors were present in the data Round 2 sent to the factory that were used to create the model. Correcting these problems was problematic as it would require substantial tool work for the very slightest amount of change. The first error is the depth of the RCS thruster housing. They are 1mm too deep.

• The second error was not noticed until just recently. The nozzles on the loose Gemini domes should have been either A) been fudged a bit so one part could be used in every application or B) had lefts and rights made on the tool. Sadly this wasn't the case so now they "lean" (the angle is fairly slight) in the wrong direction in some cases.

• Lastly, the screws that are included in the kit are not "self tappers" so you will need to use a drill bit or another instrument to create a hole in the top of the passenger pod roof. Don't make the holes too big, obviously.

Now the good news...

Sell-through from Round 2's warehouse of the first production run has been brisk.  Round 2 is almost out of stock.  However, a second batch was already on order some time ago, but Round 2 doesn't expect those kits to arrive until late-January. And because sales have been so good, they've went ahead and placed a third order.  The second and third batches should probably have the three fixes mentioned above.

If you want to read Round 2's blog entry, here you go: http://www.collectormodel.com/round2-models/2487-mpc-models-the-eagles-have-landed/

Interesting. Since my order is a back-order on Advantage Hobby's website, I'll be curious to see if the kit I eventually get will be out of the second or even third 'printing' with the corrections you mention Gadgetron. Since I'm not in lather to get it right away, I'm content to wait if that's the case.

As always, thanks for the info you provide us Gadgetron.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline Sergio

• Admiral
Thanks for sharing this info! I'm not familiar with the series (my wallet is thankful) but I've seen that this kit is kinda a big deal for you true fans, and that's great!

Offline Mr Atoz

• Admiral
Just got mine this past Thursday!  8)
For the fun of building art.

Enterprise © Bloc