Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sci fi lighting kit in the uk  (Read 2001 times)

Offline WeeMoe

• Lieutenant
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:37:03 pm by WeeMoe »

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
Re: Sci fi lighting kit in the uk
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 04:43:34 am »
Once I get the funds sorted definately going for his JJ Prose set up and will keep the forums posted as to how it goes.

Nice find. I have nothing but praise for Tena/Evans Lighting and Stark Enterprises but the shipping to the UK is always a killer which nobody can do anything about.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 05:12:57 pm by TK Iain »
Iain

Offline WeeMoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 07:51:53 am »
Exactly it's the import tax etc that kills it, I asked about other Star Trek lighting kits that he might sell and he Sid down the line there would be a tos bussard spinner kit down the line

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 06:18:19 am »
Can't suss out if the Raven kit has spinning bussards?
Iain

Offline madmonk

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 06:38:06 am »
Thanks for the link WeeMoe, I tend not to blow my own trumpet on forums.

The JJ Prise kit is currently being redeveloped as the original set was powered from a 9V PP3 battery and even using Li-Ion batteries you would only get about 2-3 hours running.  The next sets will probably be 12V but that does mean that you can't remove it from the stand!

I haven't seen the Raven Scale myself but I believe that the bussards don't spin.

Offline WeeMoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 11:55:45 am »
Hi no problem 😎 I don't think many people would complain about not being able to remove the model from a stand. I for one would rather have it powered from the mains supply.
Great to find a uk lighting producer. Especially as good as ure kit looks.
Yeh after watching the video I noticed there's no spinning bussard??? Kind of needed with this kit

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 06:33:32 am »
Been in touch with Tydirium Models/Warren and he is developing a mains powered version of his JJP kit and I will be pre-ordering it next week. I will keep you all posted as to how it goes but I have to say my impressions of this vendor are extremely good and Warren has answered all queries and has been very helpful indeed.

I did drop a very "un" subtle hint that a full lighting kit for a 18" TOS Enterprsie would be a good way to go next.

Like I said I will keep you posted. I will be waiting for Warren to finish the kit development but I have stressed to him that there is no hurry as my JJP will not be started until after Christmas anyway. Got the paint masks and the Irredescent Paints ordered and this kit will be the final piece of the puzzle for my next build.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 05:13:46 pm by TK Iain »
Iain

Offline WeeMoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 02:20:01 pm »
Ha! Brilliant love that "subtle" hint lol yeh a tos spinner would be a god send. Also boards for the nav/strobes for trek ships would be great.
Looking forward to seeing ure build. I've got a jjprise orbital dry dock masks and the photoetch.
Where and what kind of  iridescent paints did you order???

Offline madmonk

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 04:26:32 pm »
There are plans to do more Star Trek lighting kits, Iain's hint has been taken on board.  My thoughts are to make them modular so you can have what you want on your models rather than what I want!

Not Star Trek but this is a modular lighting set I've done recently as a custom build for the 1:500 Yamato 2199 from Bandai.

http://youtu.be/ZDoLDVUo76Y

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 05:12:28 pm »
Just dawned on me Warren that you and "Mad Monk" are one and the same.

I am definitely interested in seeing what you develop next (18" TOS Enterprise - hint, hint) and it would be very interesting to see how you go about developing your lighting systems. Wish I had your SB Yamato kit as the rotating engines are freakin' awesome and make mine look rather dull in comparison.

As for the paints WeeMoe I have ordered the water based irredescents from McKenzie Taxidermy Supplies in the USA (the joy of having my PPI claim paid to me).

Anyhoo Warren/Mad Monk I for one look forward to dealing with you a lot in the future.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 05:14:42 pm by TK Iain »
Iain

Offline WeeMoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 03:41:09 am »
Yeh I think a lot of people would get a toss lighting kit for there amt 18" or the revell 1/650 kit.

Offline madmonk

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 02:39:05 pm »
Yes l'm one in the same Iain.

Did consider Madmonk lighting but sounded very similar to another outfit!

Saw the Raven Scale kit at Telford today and the buzzards are static by the way.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 02:40:51 pm by madmonk »

Offline madmonk

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 02:54:14 am »
Looking through the stash for something last night I found an AMT Enterprise, I knew I had one but didn't realise it was the 18" version.

Have also ordered a 1/350 TOS Polar Lights Enterprise so ST kits in the new year!

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 04:16:04 am »
It's fate Warren.

You know you just have to do a TOS 18" kit!
Iain

Offline WeeMoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 09:11:20 am »
Please..... :'(

Enterprise © Bloc