Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/537 Enterprise  (Read 1763 times)

Online modelerdave

• Commander
Re: 1/537 Enterprise
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 05:34:15 pm »
These look great! And I am soooo not ready to tackle a big Enterprise. But I do have a Polar Lights 1:1000 scale refit to do at some point...and yes I plan to light it but I want to do a few non-lit models first once Colonial One is finished.

Offline WeeMoe

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 09:16:34 am »
How did you manage to get the nacelles so straight?

Offline incubus35

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 10:19:41 am »
Hi WeeMoe,

I wish they were as straight as the look, but they aren't! haha

One of the gurus from this site helped me when I was starting out on my Reliant build, and I did try to use a 'rigid gig', this time, but it didn't quite work on the alignment as you can see from the photo. I think this was because I had already attached the pylons to the nacelles though rather than the gig - it did work for keeping them parallel along the length though. (thanks Steve!).

http://scifimodelaction.com/sfmaforum/index.php?topic=6842.0

It is an awful kit for attaching them, and I went for the method of attaching the nacelles to the pylons, and then seating those in the gig. I then glued the two halves of the upper secondary hull together, and attached those to both pylons (using a lot of epoxy and some metal rods pushed into the already sealed up pylons to add a bit of strength). Only once it had all had time to dry did I attach the nacelle assembly to the secondary hull.

Hope that makes sense!
Pete

Offline incubus35

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 10:25:36 am »
These look great! And I am soooo not ready to tackle a big Enterprise. But I do have a Polar Lights 1:1000 scale refit to do at some point...and yes I plan to light it but I want to do a few non-lit models first once Colonial One is finished.

Thanks Dave! And yeah, I know what you mean - I've built the 1/000, but wasn't confident enough for lighting something so small! The 1/537 is quite good as a practice though, which I view all of my built as, for one day I will be a big enough boy to tackle the 1/350! :)

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 11:22:42 am »
She looks great.  I especially love the picture near Reliant.  Very cool.

Shawn
To build or not to build.... that is the question.   The answer.... build... Duh.

Enterprise © Bloc