Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Great White Whale Restoration  (Read 12786 times)

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
Re: The Great White Whale Restoration
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2016, 02:14:38 pm »
That turned out great Steve.  Man, way to hang in there and give it everything you got!   That is something to be very proud of.

Shawn
To build or not to build.... that is the question.   The answer.... build... Duh.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2018, 08:29:26 am »
Wow Steve..... I missed your restoration on that Connie....   that was some great effort and payoff!!!

Wolf, I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed your quote and post and placed it here to let others know I finally fixed the links to the pictures. The Photobucket scandal/money grab caused the casualties but now, thanks to Flickr, I was able to replace the thread!

The quote came from an original question thread and is located here on the Questions Board

Thanks again for your words!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline MattA

• Admiral
  • Am I doing this right?
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2018, 01:53:29 pm »
I love this thread. 

I've been thinking about doing something similar with my first 1:350 refit.  The lighting kit I purchased went dark after about 100-200 hours of use.  I've been toying around with popping it open and replacing all the electronics with new.  I'd call the project 'Refit the Refit.'  It seems almost insurmountable, but I'm tempted to take the challenge and kick it's ass.  We'll see.

In the meantime, this ship looks great!  Steve, what did your brother think when it was done?
Builder of all things StarShip...

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2018, 02:29:35 pm »
Matt, Thanks! I very glad you liked it! After fixing all of this and remembering how much I enjoyed the build, I am itching to do another 650 and light it! But it will be a twist that I will hold close to the vest for now!

I showed him some pictures and he was kinda like "meh. It's nice." Well, after abandoning it in a garage for 40 years, he ain't gettin it back!

"Refit the Refit!" DUDE! I would so totally follow that thread! (Sorry! Got so excited that I went "Bill and Ted" on ya!)

Thanks again!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • There are submarines, and targets.
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2018, 05:44:08 pm »
Sweet! ;D
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2018, 07:37:20 am »

Enterprise © Bloc