Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: B is for B-Wing  (Read 562 times)

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
B is for B-Wing
« on: March 11, 2016, 10:07:00 pm »

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
Re: B is for B-Wing
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 09:48:16 pm »
Mighty fine Blade-wing fighter you got there, Starsiegeplayer-I had to look that up to find out why it's called a B-wing. ;D  Nice job on a less than common subject. 
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline trekker9211

• Admiral
  • Coming home
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 09:21:24 pm »
Nice 'B' ya have there. I almost picked this up several times now. After seeing yours, I may have to change that.
Phil

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 12:29:15 am »
Thanks guys :)

Offline Decoman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 08:12:18 am »
I am waiting for Bandai to get around to releasing one of these kits in 1:72 scale. :) Until then I will have to do with this toy model in 1:144 scale off eBay.

This makes me wondering, what kit is this and what scale?

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 09:13:02 pm »
I am waiting for Bandai to get around to releasing one of these kits in 1:72 scale. :) Until then I will have to do with this toy model in 1:144 scale off eBay.

This makes me wondering, what kit is this and what scale?

I would love if Bandai made a B-Wing model.  This is the AMT kit.  They never reported the scale of the kit but it I did some math (http://scifimodelaction.com/sfmaforum/index.php?topic=5801.msg75517#msg75517) and came up with roughly 1/100.

Offline greg

• Commander
  • aka SteveTheFish, TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan
    • Greg's Neat-o Homepage
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 12:53:30 am »
It's the Imperial Japanese Navy B-Wing! Very nice. This kit's price has gone up a bit on eBay, but the last I checked it can still be found for a fair price on Yahoo Auctions Japan. I picked one up for a friend of mine about a year ago for about 2,000 yen (about $20US).

I am waiting for Bandai to get around to releasing one of these kits in 1:72 scale. :)
I always prod Bandai reps to make this happen every time I talk to them at the trade shows. The last time I had such a conversation was at the All-Japan hobby show in Tokyo in September, and the rep I spoke with seemed to have put a bit of thought into the possibility. I'm not the only one requesting this. I imagine they could sell more models by sticking to the OT more than anything else. It would be nice to see a 1:72 B-Wing and TIE Bomber by Bandai sometime soon.

Enterprise © Bloc