Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMT 1/650 TOS Romulan BOP  (Read 28102 times)

Offline USAF_SSGT

• Ensign
  • Nothing ventured, Nothing Gained
Re: AMT 1/650 TOS Romulan BOP
« Reply #285 on: January 09, 2017, 03:36:28 pm »
Excellent use of the tape to partition the hull paint. I think I'll have to use that when I get started on my model...whatever that is as I am more a lurker on the site.  ;)
Numquam desistas , numquam reddere

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #286 on: January 10, 2017, 07:39:49 am »
Thanks Everybody!

That looks amazing Steve, great job!!!!

Thanks, Tom! I am quite happy about how it turned out!

Steve,

This is really very beautiful. 

Starseigeplayer, thank you very much! I appreciated your inputs and ideas during the build! Thanks!

"He's a sorcerer, that one."

Gonna have to watch that episode again soon.  Again, well done Steve.

Scott, Love the quote!! I have literally lost count of how many times I have watched this episode; especially while doing this build! Thank you so very much for lending your lighting expertise and knowledge to a newbie! You are awesome!

Excellent use of the tape to partition the hull paint. I think I'll have to use that when I get started on my model...whatever that is as I am more a lurker on the site.  ;)

Thanks, Jon! It took some adjustments to thinking to make the masks! I kept thinking I should preserve the Bird when I should have been worried about the masking!  Yeah, get off that Lilly pad and leap in instead of lurking! It'll be fun! It'll be fun!

Thanks again to everyone that commented! I know this build would not have turned out as well as it did without your ideas, direction and advice!

Thank you!

LLAP

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #287 on: February 21, 2018, 08:01:41 am »
Well, I know this thread is a bit old and needs some maintenance and, since I intend to fix the links from the Photobucket money grab anyway, I thought I would post here again.

I attended the IPMS San Antonio Regional show Model Feista over the weekend and, while transport to and from the show was without incident, an accident occured while I was trying to put the ship back on the shelf. I'd blame the cat, but I don't have one. I was trying to run a power supply to the ship when I tripped over the power cord and caused the ship to take a nose dive onto my desk. I thought I would show my damage and repairs here as part of the thread.

Unless Mods would rather I start a new thread.

The most notable damage was the dorsal fin was broken off.

20180220_061001

20180220_164910

It looks like I can re-seat the thing and putty, sand and paint with little effort.

The ventral hull however will take a more creative approach.

20180220_164256

I will probably have to put a filler (PPP?) in the seam again, with some glue, and sand and paint the area, too.

The Port Nacelle also has a gap in it; one I had previously filled with Millput. I may look around on the desk to see if I can find the piece.

20180220_164338

But, it could have been worse - much worse. All said, it held together well and all of the lights still work! Woohoo!

20180220_164928

Stay tuned as I try another restoration attempt!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
« Reply #288 on: February 21, 2018, 08:18:41 am »
Well that stinks..  Damn cat.  Oh wait..  damn power cord.  It's the power cords fault for being in the way.

Shawn
To build or not to build.... that is the question.   The answer.... build... Duh.

Offline AlW

• Captain
« Reply #289 on: February 21, 2018, 10:50:59 am »
Geez, Steve, that's really tough luck!  It looked so good at the show too:)  I'm sure with your skills, she'll be looking good again soon.

Offline malleman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #290 on: March 21, 2018, 05:27:24 pm »
That makes me sick for you!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #291 on: March 26, 2018, 12:41:38 pm »
Geez, Steve, that's really tough luck!  It looked so good at the show too:)  I'm sure with your skills, she'll be looking good again soon.

Thanks, Al! I am a bit gun-shy about trying to fix her - afraid I'll mess it up further! But thanks for the vote of confidence! I just have to devote some brain power and time to it. Lord knows I have precious little of both!  ;D

That makes me sick for you!

Thanks for the empathy, mallerman! I just need to get off this lilly-pad and leap to fixing it! :)

Steve

Offline MattA

• Admiral
  • Am I doing this right?
« Reply #292 on: March 30, 2018, 04:03:47 pm »
Holy crap, you were at ModelFiesta, and I missed you.  I did see the model pre-accident, though.  It looked great!  You'll get her repaired and looking proper again. 
Builder of all things StarShip...

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • No matter where you go, there you are.
« Reply #293 on: March 30, 2018, 07:52:22 pm »
I take pictures because sometimes when the CAT strikes the drydock cannot fix the damage.  :( 

But it does free up room on the shelf.  Still sucks though.
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #294 on: April 02, 2018, 09:02:58 am »
Holy crap, you were at ModelFiesta, and I missed you.  I did see the model pre-accident, though.  It looked great!  You'll get her repaired and looking proper again.

Matt, yeah, sorry I missed you, too! Thanks for noticing my work! Thanks for the encouragement.

I take pictures because sometimes when the CAT strikes the drydock cannot fix the damage.  :( 

But it does free up room on the shelf.  Still sucks though.

Scott - yeah I've got pics out the wazoo of this ship! Unfortunately, I seem to be focused on the Enterprise C right now, so the Romulan will have to wait a bit.

Thanks for the empathy!

Steve

Enterprise © Bloc