Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Star Trek: Discovery] New Series on CBS All Access  (Read 756 times)

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
[Star Trek: Discovery] New Series on CBS All Access
« on: May 18, 2016, 06:47:57 pm »
Hi, Everyone

As the U.S. broadcast television season is now winding down, all the major networks have begun releasing first-looks, trailers, teasers, and other promos for their upcoming Fall 2016 and beyond shows.

CBS just released the "tease-iest" of teases for the new Star Trek TV series that will premiere in 2017.  The pilot will air on CBS and then all other episodes will be CBS All Access exclusives.

Anyway, here is the teaser trailer:

https://youtu.be/xXpPweAooeE

Enjoy!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:06:27 pm by Gadgetron_3000 »
"They've done studies, you know.  60% of the time, it works every time."

-----

Google+: https://plus.google.com/109660073537038906328

Online simi

• Admiral
  • JUST enough knowledge to do some serious damage
Re: [Star Trek 2017] CBS' First Teaser Trailer
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 08:01:48 pm »
Heya Gadgetron!

Thanks for the link.  Really too early to tell about the sneak-peak, but, honestly - you are TOTALLY the TMZ (you know, the good "late breaking news" meaning) of Star Trek info!  Appreciate you sending us this info.  Lets all hope the new stuff is up to snuff.

Cheers!

Simi
As a software architect, I'm pretty darn good.  As someone with knowledge of building things in the real world, well, I'm a software architect.

Offline Sergio

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:57:07 pm »
Cool! Thanks for sharing

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 02:46:33 pm »
Thanks for the link.  Really too early to tell about the sneak-peak, but, honestly - you are TOTALLY the TMZ (you know, the good "late breaking news" meaning) of Star Trek info!

What can I say?  The Star Trek fan in me just always wants to share.

:D

-----

Offline Caladonis

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 05:45:03 pm »
I hope its good, but I wonder if it can succeed with CBS having it on-demand only. I will be watching it as a diehard trekkie, but I really hate that we have to PAY for it and watch commercials - thanks CBS All Access.

Since I have playon, it should not be so bad for me, so I will have to wait and see.

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
Re: [Star Trek: Discovery] New Series on CBS All Access
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 05:08:51 pm »
Hi, Everyone!

The "Up Fronts" are this week where all the major television networks present their Fall lineups.  CBS All Access just premiered their first Star Trek: Discovery trailer.  Here it is:

According to CBS, the first season episode count has already been bumped up from 13 to 15 episodes.

Stay tuned for more...

:)

-----

Offline jazzydog

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 06:27:30 pm »
I'm like everyone else...let's give 'em a chance to show what they've got!

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 07:01:23 am »
One of the things i like to do when new trailers come out is to pause every frame I can and look at as much detail as I can. I was doing this this morning to get a better look at the ship. First if I remember correctly, this ship is not the Discovery, its the USS Shenzhou. A few things I have noticed:

1: The registry of the Shenzhou is NCC-1227 and the Discovery is NCC-1031
2: The bridge is on the bottom of the ship.
3: The ship has marking like Star Trek Online ships. The ship seems to have red patterns painted all over the ship.

Notice anything else about the trailer?

Thanks!
Mike

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 10:44:00 pm by Macupar »

Offline Firebiro

• Artist / Designer / Modeller
  • Admiral
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position!
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 08:05:39 am »
Just a note for those of us outside the USA, Netflix will be streaming the episodes I think 2 days after the US air, so good news for us without access to the CBS network.

On to the trailer, I love the ship design, even if its not the discovery in the trailer as Mac has pointed out. I do worry this will be more of a JJ Trek kind of affair, with more running and explosions than the exploration of the human soul. I do like the JJ films but I don't think they really are "Trek" as such, a personal opinion though. Plus I'm not a fan at all of the JJPrise so I'm glad to see more functional and balanced ships showing up. Looking forward to seeing this all the same :)
The Matrix formed in a day, the life forms grew later, at a substantially accelerated rate!

Morgan

Offline Plaztek

• Lieutenant
  • This is about saving the future of humanity!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 02:18:23 pm »
I do worry this will be more of a JJ Trek kind of affair, with more running and explosions than the exploration of the human soul. I do like the JJ films but I don't think they really are "Trek" as such, a personal opinion though. Plus I'm not a fan at all of the JJPrise so I'm glad to see more functional and balanced ships showing up. Looking forward to seeing this all the same :)

I'm right there with you!
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your little quest. Captain Ahab has to go hunt his whale!

Offline jazzydog

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 07:02:21 pm »
I am so ready for some new Trek in the original timeline!

Offline Tiburon

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 02:05:57 am »
I will remain open about the show until I see it.

On a side note. I live in the US. So far all they have said is that the show is exclusive to CBS all access for streaming. They have not said if it will be available in other ways (iTunes/google play) to simply buy it instead of paying for a few months of streaming. I don't like the idea of paying $6/month to just borrow the show. I'd rather just pay $30-40 to buy it and have it forever.

If CSB doesn't make it available to buy then I will get it some 'other' way.

Too long/didn't read; Like what I've seen of the show so far, don't like being forced to pay for another streaming service for just one show.
Phil

Offline LynnInDenver

• Commander
    • My husband and I on YouTube - TG256
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 08:13:23 am »
I will remain open about the show until I see it.

On a side note. I live in the US. So far all they have said is that the show is exclusive to CBS all access for streaming. They have not said if it will be available in other ways (iTunes/google play) to simply buy it instead of paying for a few months of streaming. I don't like the idea of paying $6/month to just borrow the show. I'd rather just pay $30-40 to buy it and have it forever.

If CSB doesn't make it available to buy then I will get it some 'other' way.

Too long/didn't read; Like what I've seen of the show so far, don't like being forced to pay for another streaming service for just one show.

I'm in the same boat, except I won't do the "some other way" in terms of getting the show, I'll just be doing without.

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 12:49:41 pm »
I'll give it the benefit of the doubt!

TBH I thought TNG was total mince 'til the 3rd series, never got into DS9 at all, loved Voyager and was so-so about Enterprise.

The ship looks awesome though and reminds me of the Aries from "Anaxar!. Going to have to make space for the inevitable kit release methinks.
Iain

Offline ImWolf

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 09:33:13 pm »
Sad...  This looks like more JJ garbage....   I'll wait for the book.
Just think of what my life might be.....   In a world like I have seen!

Enterprise © Bloc