Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Arduino Nano] Expansion Board For Soldering-Free Wiring  (Read 416 times)

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
[Arduino Nano] Expansion Board For Soldering-Free Wiring
« on: July 16, 2016, 09:37:50 am »
Hi, Everyone.

I love Arduino and am a strong supporter of its use for model build effects projects.

Personally, I like the Arduino Nano because of its small size (I know the Pro Mini is even smaller).  You can get them with the headers either soldered on or not.  Sometimes, though, things can end up looking a little messy once everything is put together.

So to try making the Nano setup a bit nicer and professional looking, I picked up some Nano expansion boards on eBay.  This board has header connectors and screw-down terminals to allow you to drop a Nano (with soldered headers) onto it and have access to soldering-free wiring.

Arduino Nano with headers pre-soldered on:

Arduino Nano expansion board:

Arduino Nano inserted into the expansion board sockets (NOTE: in the photo, I didn't insert the Nano in all the way down):

View from the top:

It's an inexpensive way to allow a Nano to look more tidy and professional.

:)
"They've done studies, you know.  60% of the time, it works every time."

-----

Google+: https://plus.google.com/109660073537038906328

Offline MarkW

• Plastic Surgeon
  • Admiral
    • MW ModelWerks
Re: [Arduino Nano] Expansion Board For Soldering-Free Wiring
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 04:50:41 pm »
Neat idea.  One suggestion I'd throw in is the use of a ZIF docket while prototyping.  I've broken a number of boards trying to pry them back out of a bread board. You can get those for a couple bucks off eBay, and makes life so much easier.
MarkW
"I can cross stab Hitler to death off the list of cool crap I thought I'd never do"
--Brock Sampson
NEW WEB ADDRESS

Enterprise © Bloc