Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: USS Voyager with Lights, weapons and whole lot of coffee.  (Read 6632 times)

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
Re: USS Voyager with Lights, weapons and whole lot of coffee.
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 06:22:37 am »
Nice clean work there...it took me ages to grind down the raised detail on top of the bridge!

I'll be interested to see how you display the resin ships!

Cheers

Thanks Quarky! I have been thinking about this. I am thinking of building a shuttle bay and displaying 2 of the Type 9 shuttles in it. How I display the other shuttles depends on the display base. The base will probably be slightly smaller then the ship. I might have them flying in formation just below the saucer somewhere in front of the deflector dish. Or I will display them directly on the display base with there name printed above them on the base.

Mike

Offline Jimmypop57

• Admiral
  • Scifi scale model enthusiast
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 08:09:57 am »

Thanks Quarky! I have been thinking about this. I am thinking of building a shuttle bay and displaying 2 of the Type 9 shuttles in it. How I display the other shuttles depends on the display base. The base will probably be slightly smaller then the ship. I might have them flying in formation just below the saucer somewhere in front of the deflector dish. Or I will display them directly on the display base with there name printed above them on the base.

Mike
[/quote]

Wasn't there an episode where they had to use a shuttle to guide them through some nasty bit of the delta quadrant? Maybe something like that to be your muse?

Looking good, and I'm digging the PE details. This will be pretty slick when it's done!
I play, I putty, I spray, and pray! Putty, sand, repeat...
All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray...

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 09:38:27 am »

Wasn't there an episode where they had to use a shuttle to guide them through some nasty bit of the delta quadrant? Maybe something like that to be your muse?

Looking good, and I'm digging the PE details. This will be pretty slick when it's done!

Thanks Jimmy! I did consider that but the display base will be smaller then the Voyager so I wont be able to put any ships in front of her.

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 09:47:19 am »
My updates are going at warp speed!

I built the new rare torpedo launchers. I am happy with hoe they came out but I would have liked them a little smaller. But I could not bet the supplies I wanted in the size I needed. But I do think it looks much better then the original. I just have a little bit of clean up to do around them.

I also connected the two sides of engineering and added the photoetch. I filled the gap where the models display stand would go and will let that dry for the rest of the day before sanding it down.

Offline nkaltso

• Admiral
  • Nothing is certain but death, taxes, and overspray
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 08:52:01 pm »
Looking Good so far,  Ill be watching

Nick

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 08:09:05 pm »
Looking Good so far,  Ill be watching

Nick

Thanks Nick!

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 08:18:40 pm »
I have completed pretty much all of the prep work. All the photoetch I want to use is on and all the little addons are finished. I used .040 half round styrene to add more detail to the ship around the bridge and in between the photoetch windows. I also finished filling in the areas around the docking bays.

Currently I am starting to glue parts to the ship to prepare it for lighting. I did order the Voyager board from TenaControls. I asked Ralph to make a few adjustments to the board. First I had the strobe lights reduced to 3 second intervals. Second I asked if he could get the photon torpedo bays to have a constant on just like in the show, then the torpedoes can fire. We are going to use a red/amber bi-colored LED. The red will be hard wired to always be on and the amber will be used to fire the torpedo. It should look pretty nice.

Next I will finished light blocking all of the pieces. After that I really have nothing to do until the lighting kit arrives so I can prepare the how the ship will be lite.

As always, thanks for following!

Mike

Offline Jimmypop57

• Admiral
  • Scifi scale model enthusiast
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 11:39:14 pm »
Is this the Revell or the Monogram kit?
I play, I putty, I spray, and pray! Putty, sand, repeat...
All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray...

Offline Quarky

• Commander
  • Jamie
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2016, 04:41:15 am »
Nice high level of detail going on there!

Keep up the vood work!

Cheers
"We're made of star stuff"

Carl Sagan

Jamie

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2016, 08:45:15 am »
Is this the Revell or the Monogram kit?

This is the new Revell

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2016, 08:45:40 am »
Nice high level of detail going on there!

Keep up the vood work!

Cheers

Thanks Quarky!

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 02:21:42 pm »
While I wait for the lighting board to arrive, I finished lighting the main body of the ship. I added stripes of white LED tape to the top of the saucer and to the engineering section. It looks really nice. The lights are not overly bright.

My next step is to primer the outside of the ship and to start mixing colors until i come across a nice shade of blue to paint the ship. One the outside is painted with the main color, I will attach the clear parts to the inside of the large windows. These clear parts will also include decals with pictures of hallways and rooms of the ship.

Offline dannyk

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2016, 08:27:38 pm »
You really made quick work of all those windows, Mike!  :)

I really like the balanced lighting. Nobody inside the ship goes blind walking down the halls!  Good luck with the paint coming up!

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 09:02:48 pm »
Nice clean work there...it took me ages to grind down the raised detail on top of the bridge!

I'll be interested to see how you display the resin ships!

Cheers

Thanks! I put the LED tape on the top of the saucer. Since the bottom part only has a handful of windows, i'm letting the light reflect off the bottom and bounce back up. It looks really nice.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2016, 08:32:35 am »
This is shaping up nicely, Mike! I am loving your attention to detail!

I built the new rare torpedo launchers.

Nice bit of scratch building!!

I put the LED tape on the top of the saucer. Since the bottom part only has a handful of windows, i'm letting the light reflect off the bottom and bounce back up.

Did you do this to avoid hot spots in the lower windows or is there some advantage to the method you describe?

To the Journey!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Enterprise © Bloc