Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Greetings From Wisconsin  (Read 673 times)

Offline TD1701

• Lieutenant
Greetings From Wisconsin
« on: August 30, 2016, 01:57:09 pm »
Hello All!

I've back into modeling the last couple of years after being away for about 5 or 6 years after getting married. I am a TOS Enterprise nut although I do really like the refit. I have both in 1/350 although I have minor panic attacks about the thought of building them especially with lighting.

Currently I'm building a 1/1000 TOS Enterprise for my stepson in the Philippines who's getting married in December. Also, I have a Vulcan shuttle ready for paint as soon as I can figure out a good match for the reddish/gray.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you, sharing my builds, and probably asking you all for some advice from time to time. ;D

Tom

Offline simi

• Admiral
  • JUST enough knowledge to do some serious damage
Re: Greetings From Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 04:25:29 pm »
Welcome Tom!  Greetings from your neighbor to the west.  Hopefully you put up some build logs of your kits.  Friendly bunch here, so ask away if you have questions.

Cheers!

Simi
As a software architect, I'm pretty darn good.  As someone with knowledge of building things in the real world, well, I'm a software architect.

Offline Azrael

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 05:37:04 pm »
Yep, welcome aboard :).  We're glad to have you - and there's plenty of help to be had.

Az

Offline Jimmypop57

• Admiral
  • Scifi scale model enthusiast
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 07:33:35 am »
This a great place for getting back into the hobby. Welcome aboard!
I play, I putty, I spray, and pray! Putty, sand, repeat...
All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray...

Offline TD1701

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 09:58:10 am »
Thank you both very much!! I have a couple of projects in the works and would like to post some pictures here. What is the best way to post them on this site?

Tom

Offline TD1701

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 10:04:25 am »
I acknowledged only 2 people in my last post instead of all 3 of you. My apologies.:-[

Offline simi

• Admiral
  • JUST enough knowledge to do some serious damage
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 12:35:18 pm »
Tom,

You can either upload them to the site or link them in-line.  My preference is link them in-line to an external account (ie, I'm using photobucket right now - but it doesn't matter what you choose).  If you upload them, there's a limit on the number and size per post.  Either way will work, so use whichever means is most comfortable for you.

Cheers!

Simi
As a software architect, I'm pretty darn good.  As someone with knowledge of building things in the real world, well, I'm a software architect.

Offline TD1701

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 11:42:50 am »
Thank You Simi!!

Sorry for the late reply. I'm traveling for work and couldn't respond as quickly as I would've liked. I do have photobucket, and have uploaded the links before.

Have a great weekend!!

Tom

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 03:21:04 pm »
Welcome aboard Tom! Yes the 1/350 Enterprises are slightly intimidating.  :)
  I survived the refit and have the TOS 1/350 waiting in the wings. I'm looking forward to seeing your work. Jump right in and have fun!  ;)
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Offline TD1701

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 10:41:09 am »
Thanks Kevin!!!

I've pre-ordered the replacement smooth replacement saucer for the TOS and contemplating ordering the lighting kit. Right now I have a Vulcan Shuttle that I've ordered the paint for and waiting for it to arrive next week. I'll post some pictures after I get a nice coat on it.

Have a great weekend!

Tom

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 07:02:01 pm »
Greetings TD1701! Welcome, and apologies for the tardy greeting. Happy Modeling!
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline TD1701

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 01:54:05 pm »
Thank you pakratt!!! No apologies necessary for the tardy greeting. I'm happy that I am getting to know all of you. :)

Offline Lestatdelc

• Captain
    • Third Wave Design
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 06:40:53 pm »
Welcome to the forums Tom.
Follow along with my Star Trek: The Motion Picture Polar Lights 1:350 scale U.S.S. Enterprise build on my website, Third Wave Design

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 03:16:12 pm »
Hey, Tom, I'm with Dan and apologize for the tardy greeting!

I'm glad to see a fellow TOS-E nut on board! There are a few of us here!

I would love to see your builds so jump in and get going! (Watching your Vulcan Shuttle!  ;D )

Have fun and, again, Welcome!

Steve
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Enterprise © Bloc