Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vulcan Shuttle Surak  (Read 4437 times)

Offline TD1701

• Lieutenant
Re: Vulcan Shuttle Surak
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2018, 04:30:53 pm »
Thanks Steve I really appreciate the compliment! :) After I get this one completed I will then get back to work on my Eagle 1 Transporter. I bought the Paragrafix photo-etch set to fill in the holes on the side of the command module, and it's has a nice coat of primer on it now.. I also bought the Aztek Dummy masks to paint the frame work and details. I've been emailing back and forth with James Small who is pretty much the Eagle guru about the base coat. I hope to get it done before the snow flies around here.

Tom

Offline TD1701

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2018, 12:55:39 pm »
Thanks to another fellow modeler over at SSM I was able to get another set of decals and I have all of them on except one. It is the one that has given me the most fits on this kit. :P It's the blue and magenta panel that goes on the front of the shuttle itself. So I am going to wait until I am in the right frame of mind before I attempt to apply it. I am posting the pics of where I am at this point. It looks really nice and I am excited to finally finish it soon.

Tom

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:01:08 pm by TD1701 »

Offline TD1701

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2018, 08:44:56 am »
Got the last decal on and it's looking great! Now I just have to let it dry up for a day or so then give it a shot of flat clear coat.

Offline jwood314

• Admiral
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2018, 09:06:57 am »
Awesome!!

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2018, 11:42:54 am »
Nice!  Time for some glory shots!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2018, 10:33:11 am »
Hey, Tom. Are you gonna mount the shuttle on anything?

Any ideas you can share?

Curious Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline TD1701

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2018, 09:14:49 pm »
Thanks a lot guys!!!!! ;D It is finally nice to get it done after two years on and off working on this project. I actually started it over 9 years ago before I got married and it sat in the box until a couple of years ago I decided I wanted to get it done.

You know what Steve, I was so focused on getting these decals and putting them on and just to be done with it that I have not really put in much thought about how I want to mount it? This is an AMT/Ertl version of the kit with the triangle shaped stand. I was pretty much going to go with that because I don't know if the dome base will be compatible. It needs a nice coat of dulling spray to get rid of the shine and then I have to solve the mounting issue before I can take better pictures. Anyway, I'm glad you guys like it I really appreciate the compliments! :)

Tom

Offline TD1701

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2018, 03:50:20 pm »
Yesterday I painted the stand and gave it all a nice semi-gloss finish. I sprayed Testors Dulcote on a couple of days ago and I just was not happy with the result. So, I went back over with Tamiya semi-gloss on both the model and the stand and I think it turned out just great!

Tom

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2018, 08:38:18 pm »
They did not change the mount point hole, but in my opinion the dome base does not really have an advantage over the triangle base for this model.

Offline TD1701

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2018, 06:31:29 pm »
I agree wholeheartedly Starsiegeplayer. I think the lines of this stand flow nicely with the model.

Enterprise © Bloc