Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Greetings fellow Modelers  (Read 327 times)

Offline solak42

• Ensign
Greetings fellow Modelers
« on: October 04, 2016, 11:12:59 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm Bruce *aka* Solak42.

I'm not a skilled modeler nor do I pretend I am. At best I'm just the average Joe just doing things for fun. I have built some models in the past. I just posted one in the gallery about a runabout i had done. I even put together a Klingon D7 Battle cruiser, and a flight display of the TOS Enterprise, Enterprise - A and the Enterprise - D. None of them are professionally built but I do like them and enjoy them as decorations on my computer desk. I'm also a gamer. I've played a lot of Star Trek Elite Force I and II along with Armada I and II, and many other Star trek and other games. I can say my father got me into Star Trek. When he would come home i would sit on the couch with him and he put it on and we sit there until it was over. An that didn't happen to much for he is a truck driver.

I work as a computer IT tech. So im basically fixing computers or I'm installing them at times. So when I have installs for computers i need to do. Any time i have a free moment *Installing windows 7 window updates if the computer has to be reformatted then there's 250 update that takes forever* So in that free time of waiting. I get on youtube and watching either Boyd over at Trekworks and Simon *Papa Smurf* Mercs.

I really don't know what else to say but thanks for any and all advice, tips, tricks, and hints you may be giving!

Offline Lestatdelc

• Captain
    • Third Wave Design
Re: Greetings fellow Modelers
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 11:40:17 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm Bruce *aka* Solak42.

Welcome to the forums, and jump right in.
Follow along with my Star Trek: The Motion Picture Polar Lights 1:350 scale U.S.S. Enterprise build on my website, Third Wave Design

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 07:55:20 am »
Welcome to the Forums, Bruce! Again!

Nice memories of your Dad and you watching Star Trek! I had a work mate who's father would sit on the couch with him and watch Godzilla movies! Now he is a Godzilla fan and collector!

No skill level required here! We are all a bunch of average Joe's just doing things for fun! (Well, I am at least!)

Looking forward to seeing your work!

Qapla' to the fellow IT dude!

Steve

"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 10:25:37 am »
Welcome to the forums. ;D
Iain

Offline solak42

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 06:14:37 pm »
Thank you guys. I already posted in the gallery of a runabout I had done.

Offline Jimmypop57

• Admiral
  • Scifi scale model enthusiast
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 02:15:55 pm »
Welcome aboard! You'll find an excellent group of folks in these forums that span across all skill levels. What really stands out about SFMA forums, unlike others, is that everyone is always willing to help out with their learnings. Makes a huge difference, especially coming into stuff. There are some talented builders here, and their work makes me drool hoping I can get that good some day. Remember to post lots of progress pics, we certainly enjoy them!

I play, I putty, I spray, and pray! Putty, sand, repeat...
All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray...

Offline Tankton

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 06:11:55 pm »
Welcome Aboard. Seeing your Runabout you'll fit right in.
Excellent hand painting. Looks great.
Ask questions and post pics. We all love pictures.
Live Long and Prosper

Cameron Lewis Sr.

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 04:27:47 pm »
Welcome Bruce! Glad to have you aboard   :)
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Enterprise © Bloc