Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello from Germany  (Read 316 times)

Offline bazinator

• Ensign
Hello from Germany
« on: October 07, 2016, 06:32:55 am »
Hello folks, I just joined the forum after a period of just reading along about the impressive models being built by the users. So I thought it would be polite to not just take benefit from the various tips & tricks, but to introduce myself. My name is Sebastian, I am 35 years old, I live in Germany and I have been off modeling for a fair amount of time. Some 20 years ago, I built some AMT / Ertl  Star Trek models, incl. a 1/537th Undiscovered Country Enterprise A, a 1/650th Reliant and a 1/1400th (I believe) Enterprise C. Back then, I just put them together and painted them with a brush. Good enough for then. However those models got lost over numerous occasions moving house over the years, unfortunately.

About 15 years ago, I started doing 1/35 scale military models for some years, and many unbuilt ones with all kinds of additions are still sitting in the shelves.

After finding a place to finally settle, I decided to start modeling again after watching many build threads, pictures and videos of 1/350th scale Enterprise models being made in magnificent detail. I then bought 2 1/350th scale Enterprise kits of which I have started to build one. After gathering all the tons of necessary materials, I am currently in the process of building.

Concerning other hobbies: I like playing guitar, I own a 1963 Doge Polara 500 and I will be visiting the US beginning of November for a West Coast tour and the Sprint Cup Race weekend in Phoenix, Arizona.

Offline Jimmypop57

• Admiral
  • Scifi scale model enthusiast
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Hello from Germany
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 08:13:49 am »
Right on! Welcome aboard. I give you two thumbs up for jumping back in (and with a 350 no less?!!). There are plenty of folks around here that have experience with that particular beast. Don't hesitate to ask if you have a question, we have some really smart folks that do amazing work on those things. Only thing is, post lots of pictures. We love progress pics! Glad to have you here!
I play, I putty, I spray, and pray! Putty, sand, repeat...
All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray...

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 01:30:57 pm »
Welcome to the Boards, Sebastian!

As you have read, this is a great place to start getting your feet wet in the craft again!

If you have any pics of your builds, do share! As Jimmypop57 said "We love progress pics!"

Where in Germany are you? I was stationed at Ramstein near Kaiserslautern and loved it! Working at NATO, I got to meet alot of people from all over Europe!

Again, Welcome and jump right in and start building! I look forward to seeing your work!

Steve
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline Lestatdelc

• Captain
    • Third Wave Design
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 02:15:45 pm »
Welcome to the forums, and be sure to share your build story and photos.
Follow along with my Star Trek: The Motion Picture Polar Lights 1:350 scale U.S.S. Enterprise build on my website, Third Wave Design

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 04:25:11 pm »
Welcome aboard Sebastian! Glad to have you along for the ride. Can't wait to see your progress with your Enterprise builds!
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Offline Azrael

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 04:55:16 am »
Welcome aboard - what part of Germany are you in?  I'm in Hamburg, myself :)

Az

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 06:46:37 pm »
Welcome Sebastian! Glad to have you on the forum. Looking forward to seeing your work.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Enterprise © Bloc