Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello ALL  (Read 357 times)

Offline malleman

• Ensign
Hello ALL
« on: October 09, 2016, 12:16:08 am »
Hello board, I joined last week after discovering the SMA board while searching for AMT TOS Shuttle Galileo builds.  I have to say I am very impressed with the builds I have viewed and the friendly nature of the board! A bit about myself, I am 45 years old, married with four kids and live in Lafayette, LA.  I enjoy all scifi, but Star Trek TOS is my passion.  Like most members, I got into models when I was young and built several scifi as well as military models (defiantly very crude).  A couple years back I picked up the AMT K-7 Space Station I always wanted to build when I was a kid.  After finishing it I started the AMT Three Piece Space Ship Set (USS Enterprise, Klingon D7, and Romulan Bird of Prey), my brother and I must have built this set a hundred times growing up.  I finished it up this weekend and will post pictures.   My next build was going to be the AMT Enterprise Bridge Set, I have the set already, but I think I want to build the Galileo kit first.  I am currently looking for the Galileo Shuttle Panels from Outer Space Outfitters if any one has a spare set they want to sale.  I will ask the board in the trading thread, but I know I will probably get more views here  :).  Anyhow,  I am glad to be here and thoroughly enjoy looking at the work you guys have done!

Offline Lestatdelc

• Captain
    • Third Wave Design
Re: Hello ALL
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 12:20:03 am »
Welcome to the board, and please jump in and share posts and photos (we love photos) as you venture into your builds.
Follow along with my Star Trek: The Motion Picture Polar Lights 1:350 scale U.S.S. Enterprise build on my website, Third Wave Design

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 05:31:52 am »
Outstanding, Malleman!

Welcome to the boards! For a while, I lurked here a bunch before I joined, too! But after joining and interacting with the masters here, I have learned ALOT about the craft!

I've seen your gallery posts and it looks like you are well on your way in building! We love, as you can tell, WIP threads with lots of pictures so keep 'em coming!

Again, welcome and I look forward to you builds!

Steve
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline Jimmypop57

• Admiral
  • Scifi scale model enthusiast
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 01:32:51 pm »
Welcome aboard! Always great to add more modelers to the boards. Can't wait to see your work!
I play, I putty, I spray, and pray! Putty, sand, repeat...
All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray...

Offline Shawn McClure

• Captain
  • Shawn McClure
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 07:33:24 am »
Welcome to the group.  Looking forward to your builds.

Shawn
To build or not to build.... that is the question.   The answer.... build... Duh.

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 04:22:45 pm »
Welcome aboard Malleman! Jump right in and have fun....and post lots of pictures of your work   :)
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Enterprise © Bloc