Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/350 Refit - Let the journey begin!  (Read 7486 times)

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
Re: 1/350 Refit - Let the journey begin!
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2017, 08:06:09 am »
Looking good, GR!

Those aztecs - are they colored like that and then you place them on or what?!

Either way, looking great!!

LLAP!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline ghostrider

• Lieutenant
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2017, 10:20:21 am »
Thanks Steve!

The aztecs are all painted on using orbital drydocks masks and acrylic irradescent paint. ALOT of work but well worth it!

Offline ghostrider

• Lieutenant
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2017, 11:51:35 am »
It's getting into that time of year when work really picks up... Working between 8 and 12 hours of overtime at job one and job two is ramping up as well. It's frustrating as I am not able to work as much as I like on my refit.... Still squeezing in as much time as I can here and there.

Job one takes me to all the USMC bases in the southwest... Alot of drive time to think about how to solve issues with my build.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2017, 12:31:25 pm »
I think we all feel your pain, GR! Do what you can when you can; we'll be here!!

So, if you don't mind me asking, what is your USMC job that takes you all over? IG? Recruiter?

Sounds like the thinking part is well in hand; it's just getting to the application!

Stay thirsty!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline Kitguy3

• Captain
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2017, 03:18:59 pm »
Wow! I didn't realize that acrylic iridescents could look that nice.
Model long and prosper. -Jeff

Offline ghostrider

• Lieutenant
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2017, 04:01:27 pm »

So, if you don't mind me asking, what is your USMC job that takes you all over? IG? Recruiter?

I work for PMO. PM me if you want more detail. Great job... Keeps me on my toes!

Offline ghostrider

• Lieutenant
« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2017, 04:04:42 pm »
Wow! I didn't realize that acrylic iridescents could look that nice.

I was surprised myself! I knew I was gambling a bit but its a matter of having to paint inside the house... My wife would boot me out if I used the Lacquer!!

I'm very happy with the results so far... Had one spot on the bottom of the secondary hull where the iridescent blue pulled off with masking tape... I will touch that up later.

Offline ghostrider

• Lieutenant
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2017, 01:35:19 pm »
Just a quick shot of the Port side to show the subtleness of the Aztec... Which as I understand it is the way it is supposed to look. I am really pleased with the look of it. Still a lot of work to go with only one nacelle completed and I have not even started on the saucer yet!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2017, 07:37:37 am »
Looking nice, GR!

Keep going!

Steve

Offline ghostrider

• Lieutenant
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2017, 11:33:23 am »
Wow has it really been that long since I have done an update?!

After some personal stuff with the family I am finally back at the bench. I will upload some new shots later tonight if I can get the time. Thinking though of shelving the refit for a bit for some smaller projects... I have quite a few on the shelf at the moment.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2017, 12:20:32 pm »
AAAAAaaaaggggah! I think I just saw a Ghostrider!!  ;D ;D

Welcome back, GR! I hope the personal stuff with the family wasn't too serious!

Nothing wrong with shelving a project for a bit and taking a break.

Again, welcome back and looking forward to seeing your work - again!  ::)

LLAP!

Steve

Enterprise © Bloc