Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nope....Not Another Refit...It's The 1/350 TOS Enterprise!  (Read 7013 times)

Offline karve

• Admiral
Re: Nope....Not Another Refit...It's The 1/350 TOS Enterprise!
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2017, 02:02:31 pm »
Hi guys and gals....
  I'm just giving this thread a bump to be able to find it easily for a while. Now that PHOTO-lets-charge-em-thru-the-nose-and-if-they-don't-like-it-BUCK-IT has stuck it to us all who used it I've switched ti Flickr. I've figured out how to link the pictures from there to here so I'm starting the long process of changing the links. It will take a while.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 02:16:41 pm by karve »
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2017, 07:46:03 am »
Hey Kevin! Glad to see you're back!

They-who-must-not-be-named (Image-pail) has really caused a major issue across several of the boards I frequent, not just here!

I, for one, am glad you are fixing your links as I am gearing up to do my 350 TOS Enterprise. I think I still need Orbital Drydocks paint masks and I'll have all the "pieces" to begin - outside of the paint! I was kinda bummed when I wanted to go through your build again for reference and found all the links were down.

Stay with it and thanks from the peanut gallery for fixin your stuff!

LLAP!

Steve
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2017, 01:09:42 pm »
I, for one, am glad you are fixing your links as I am gearing up to do my 350 TOS Enterprise. I think I still need Orbital Drydocks paint masks and I'll have all the "pieces" to begin - outside of the paint! I was kinda bummed when I wanted to go through your build again for reference and found all the links were down.

Thanks for telling me that Steve! I was kinda wondering if I was wasting my time...doing it just for my own reference since I've had it done for several months now. Now that I know that you will use it that will encourage me to keep going. It's a tedious job since it's a long build, but I'll eventually get there for ya.  :)
Kevin

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2017, 05:54:19 pm »
Hey Kevin! Glad to see you're back!

They-who-must-not-be-named (Image-pail) has really caused a major issue across several of the boards I frequent, not just here!

LLAP!

Steve

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. When building one of these 1/350 behemoths (such a cool word I had to use it), it couldn't be more true. Thanks for taking the time to fix the links, Kevin.

@Steve, I can't wait to see you build your 1/350 TOS! Stay Strong!
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #229 on: August 01, 2017, 07:56:54 am »
@Steve, I can't wait to see you build your 1/350 TOS! Stay Strong!

Thanks a bunch, Dan! I am just a bit nervous about mine that I am begging the Masters like you and Kevin to keep their posts up so I can follow step by step and make sure mine turns out half as well as your's!

Kevin's lighted nacelles, lighted bridge, green windows, paint schemes, to name a few of his excellent details, are things I am going to try and use on mine!

Thanks again Kevin, for fixing your fine build links!

Steve
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2017, 03:31:39 pm »
Thanks again Kevin, for fixing your fine build links!

OK all done Steve ...now get busy with your build! Can't wait to see how it goes for you!  ;)
Kevin

Offline trekker62

• Ensign
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2017, 09:09:48 pm »
Does anyone know if the light kits for the original release of the TOS Enterprise will fit the 50th anniversary smooth saucer 1/350 model from Polarlights?

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #232 on: August 04, 2017, 03:19:20 am »
I can't say 100% for sure but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be fine. On the inside the two saucers are identical. All they did on the smooth saucer is fill in the grid lines on the outside.
Kevin

Offline RossW

• Commander
« Reply #233 on: August 04, 2017, 07:08:50 pm »
Does anyone know if the light kits for the original release of the TOS Enterprise will fit the 50th anniversary smooth saucer 1/350 model from Polarlights?

Yes, they will work just fine.

Apart from filling in the grid lines, they also find the placement of the 3 ports on the lower sauce rim.

Enterprise © Bloc