Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/350 U.S.S. Enterprise Refit: done & done! (pic heavy)  (Read 6793 times)

Offline CrowTRobot

• Commander
  • I want to decide who lives and who dies!
Re: 1/350 U.S.S. Enterprise Refit: done & done! (pic heavy)
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2018, 07:05:16 pm »
I was wondering how you handled the 3 rows of sensor bands on the side of the saucer? In the pictures I can't see where the parts join, since the instructions shows you have to glue the saucer walls (as they call it) at different locations.

I think there were 8 wall segments, and I glued them all to one half of the saucer taking care to align the grooves in the bands even if this meant exposing a small gaps at the saucer edges. I wanted the grooves to be perfectly aligned so there would be no discontinuities. I was willing to deal with gaps elsewhere because they would be relatively easy to fill. After I glued the remaining saucer half I filled all the gaps and sanded them smooth. Even with this care there was still some damage to the grooves, but I was able to repair it by rescribing them with scribing saws.

Offline CrowTRobot

• Commander
  • I want to decide who lives and who dies!
Re: 1/350 U.S.S. Enterprise Refit: done & done! (pic heavy)
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2018, 07:07:58 pm »
Q: Did you paint the insides of all the windows?

I am thinking of doing adding some darker paint on the insides of all the window openings for my 1:350 Refit model.

Thanks, Decoman. The only windows I painted were those atop the hanger deck (red). All the others are plain, translucent resin.

Enterprise © Bloc