Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Blade Runner PKDII Gun  (Read 759 times)

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
Re: Blade Runner PKDII Gun
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 10:30:08 pm »
Well I have attached all of the accessories to the gun except the 2 bottom parts and the handle grips. On one side of the gun you have that one long piece that has the 2 green lights on each end. For the green lights on each end, I sanded down two 3mm green LED lights and glued them on each end. Sadly I am not able to light them up. Next I added two socket screws on one side of the gun. I drilled out the resin looking ones so that I can replace them with real ones. She is looking really good. But it's not until you put those amber colored handle grips on the gun does it really look like the Blade Runner gun.

The next steps will be to wire up the five red LED lights that go on the bottom on the gun barrel. I will also need to repaint the area where the clear amber handle grips go. I painted them black when I was painting the edges of the handle. The black interferes with clear color of the grips. On the studio model it looks like you can see the steel through the handle so I will go ahead and repaint this section that color and see how it looks. If it still looks odd then maybe I will paint it the same color as the grips. Once everything is set, I can begin to weather it. This part still terrifies me.

Thanks for following along!

Mike

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 04:30:01 pm »
The lights are installed! I though putting electronics in a 1/1000 star trek model was a pain in the but. I had to fit 5 led lights in a 2x3 inch space! That was tricky but it worked out. While looking at my parts, I noticed that I lost one of the metal pins that holds the triggers in place. I will have to make a new one of these. Here are some pics!

Thanks!

Mike

Offline greg

• Commander
  • aka SteveTheFish, TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan
    • Greg's Neat-o Homepage
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 08:14:06 pm »
Incredible. Just... WOW. How much did this kit cost you, and is it still available anywhere?

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 07:14:38 am »
Incredible. Just... WOW. How much did this kit cost you, and is it still available anywhere?

Thanks! Unfortunately this kit has been out of production since the mid 2000's. I think I paid around $350 for this kit. I purchased it a few years ago when It came through the vintage toy store I work at.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 11:26:09 am »
Mike, that's gorgeous!

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you had the real thing!

Love the amber looking grip! Very nice job!

Steve

"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline Tankton

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 11:34:42 am »
Beautiful piece of weaponry.
Don't put your eye out with that. LOL
Live Long and Prosper

Cameron Lewis Sr.

Enterprise © Bloc