Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Greetings from the frozen tundra that is called Michigan  (Read 552 times)

Offline TheChad

• Ensign
Greetings from the frozen tundra that is called Michigan
« on: December 14, 2016, 08:05:15 am »
Hi everyone. I'm Chad. I live in a small town in West Michigan between Grand Rapids and Muskegon. I've built models back in my youth. I currently paint miniatures...Privateer Press and Warhammer 40kstuff mostly. I sometimes do work for people. Looking to do a Moebius Battlestar Pegasus lighted model. Fingers crossed!!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
Re: Greetings from the frozen tundra that is called Michigan
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:04:36 am »
Again, Welcome Aboard!

I look forward to seeing your work! Best of luck on the BSG!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline Lestatdelc

• Captain
    • Third Wave Design
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 05:53:14 pm »
Welcome to the board and look forward to watch your Pegasus build once you get going on it.
Follow along with my Star Trek: The Motion Picture Polar Lights 1:350 scale U.S.S. Enterprise build on my website, Third Wave Design

Offline simi

• Admiral
  • JUST enough knowledge to do some serious damage
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 07:42:11 pm »
Welcome buddy, but I got you beat on the frozen tundra (hanging out in MSP here).  Looking forward to your builds - post some logs and ask all the questions you want.  People here are most friendly!

Cheers!

Simi
As a software architect, I'm pretty darn good.  As someone with knowledge of building things in the real world, well, I'm a software architect.

Offline TheChad

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 12:07:48 pm »
Thanks everyone. I just placed my order for the model and some photo etch items. I'm on the fence if I want to get a light kit or make my own.

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 05:35:48 pm »
Welcome aboard  Chad!  Jump right in and have fun. I'm looking forward to seeing your work. Don't forget to post lots of pictures.  ;)
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Enterprise © Bloc