Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/16 Figure work.  (Read 578 times)

Offline ausf

• Lieutenant
1/16 Figure work.
« on: January 03, 2017, 07:49:40 am »
I'm a sculptor and into RC tanks, so 1/16 figures is a natural fit.

Heres a quick shot of a cast test of a two sculpts for busts. They're resin, primed with Vallejo Dunkelgelb. After I paint 'em to make sure I don't need to alter the master, I'll add the chests and start production.

I hope they're recognizable...

Here's a vid of an early animation attempt. The tank is a full IR battle ready Tiger, the figure is a simple animation with servos, but now I finally started with Arduino, I'm going to go a bit nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONS58Loi5QY
What, me worry?

Offline Lestatdelc

• Captain
    • Third Wave Design
Re: 1/16 Figure work.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 12:46:46 pm »
"Always with the negative waves!"

;)

Those look great and were/are instantly recognizable. Well done.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:12:34 pm by Lestatdelc »
Follow along with my Star Trek: The Motion Picture Polar Lights 1:350 scale U.S.S. Enterprise build on my website, Third Wave Design

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 01:05:20 pm »
Those look fabulous, ausf! The Tiger Tank Commander is down right creepy -which is probably what you intended!

Well done!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline ausf

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 01:10:37 pm »
Thanks guys.

Yep Steve, Karl Otto Alberty has a distinct look to begin with, but I went for his squinting expression as he first crawled out of the Tiger, tight lipped and asking the guys not to smoke.
What, me worry?

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 04:51:00 am »
Nothing but positive waves! ;D
Iain

Offline trekker9211

• Admiral
  • Coming home
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 10:04:52 pm »
Absolutely! Can you say Kelly's Heroes!!! Oddball and the Tiger commander who got rich by turning that gun and blowing the doors off Der Banke. Incredible sculpting and realism.
Phil

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 07:54:54 am »
Thanks guys.

Yep Steve, Karl Otto Alberty has a distinct look to begin with, but I went for his squinting expression as he first crawled out of the Tiger, tight lipped and asking the guys not to smoke.

ausf, I guess I should clarify - I was talking about the Skeleton Tank Commander on your YouTube link. I followed it and watched it! The Animatronics on that build is awesome!

But after looking up who Karl Otto Alberty was, your model of his head is extraordinary and you have captured his look! Well done!

Looking forward to seeing what else you are doing!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline ausf

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 06:18:40 pm »
Thanks again guys.

Steve, I forgot I added that clip, without it showing up as an image, it gets lost in the text.

That was a test before I started messing around with Arduino. I'm planning on going a bit further on the next one.
What, me worry?

Offline ausf

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 05:59:02 pm »
Got a chance to mess around with some paint. I'm in no way a figure painter, but needed to see how they painted before finishing the busts.

What, me worry?

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 03:40:00 pm »
Very nice!
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Offline ausf

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 02:56:13 pm »
Thank you sir.

Here's Karl:

What, me worry?

Offline Lestatdelc

• Captain
    • Third Wave Design
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 09:59:56 pm »
These figures are looking fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more snaps as your work progresses.
Follow along with my Star Trek: The Motion Picture Polar Lights 1:350 scale U.S.S. Enterprise build on my website, Third Wave Design

Enterprise © Bloc