Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Romulan TOS Bird of Prey plasma weapon effect  (Read 439 times)

Offline Armandodlc

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • I am the beginning. The end. The one who is many.
    • DLC Model Builders on Google +
Romulan TOS Bird of Prey plasma weapon effect
« on: January 20, 2017, 12:35:06 am »
Hey guys. I am finishing up my TOS Romulan BOP and would like to program a simple single LED effect to simulate the plasma weapon. I am guessing it will be very similar to a photon torpedo effect, and I suppose I can use that in a pinch. I have an Arduino UNO compatible board. If anyone has the sketch for this, as well as how to wire the LED into the board, I would greatly appreciate it.

Armando
My youtube channel: DLC Model Builders is at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCmRSBxKoouCslj6_-bOPcQ

Offline MarkW

• Plastic Surgeon
  • Admiral
    • MW ModelWerks
Re: Romulan TOS Bird of Prey plasma weapon effect
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 06:41:36 am »
Armando, I'm drawing a blank on what color the effect should be or the timing. If you could fill that in, I have a torpedo sketch that should work fine.
MarkW
"I can cross stab Hitler to death off the list of cool crap I thought I'd never do"
--Brock Sampson
NEW WEB ADDRESS

Offline Armandodlc

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 12:33:57 am »
For the color I'll just use a red 5 mm LED Mark. The plasma weapon effect was mostly red anyway, so that should be fine.
My youtube channel: DLC Model Builders is at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCmRSBxKoouCslj6_-bOPcQ

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 11:23:25 am »
While I can't help you with the programming issues, I would like to say "I would love to see your TOS Romulan BoP! Did you feature it somewhere besides here?

If so, do you have a link so I can take a look?

Thanks and good luck with the sketch!

Steve
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline Armandodlc

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 07:27:26 pm »
I am taking pictures and a video, so there will be postings when I am finally done. I just don't want to lose the momentum on it right now, and videos and threads I have found slow me down sometimes. But don't worry, I will show it :)

Offline MarkW

• Plastic Surgeon
  • Admiral
    • MW ModelWerks
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 10:06:56 am »
Take a look at this:

http://scifimodelaction.com/sfmaforum/index.php?topic=4976.msg66357#msg66357

It may have some code you don't need but otherwise should work.  For example, it has three extra pins--right and left white LEDs (don't need) and a second Red LED.  You should be able to just hook your one red LED to either of the two red LED pins, and leave the rest alone.  You will essentially get a Movie TMP/WOK sort of flash without the bright white flash.
MarkW
"I can cross stab Hitler to death off the list of cool crap I thought I'd never do"
--Brock Sampson
NEW WEB ADDRESS

Enterprise © Bloc