Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Star Trek Poll - Where do you fall in?  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Big Rob

• Modeling Newb
  • Admiral
  • So many models...so little time!
Star Trek Poll - Where do you fall in?
« on: July 12, 2012, 09:24:35 pm »
I noticed that although the site is "Scifi" model action, most of us are building (or have built) Star Trek models. So, I thought a little poll to see where everyone rates themselves would be cool! 
You gonna light that thing?

Offline Big Rob

• Modeling Newb
  • Admiral
Re: Star Trek Poll - Where do you fall in?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 02:09:10 am »
Interesting poll you have here...What if you qualify for more than one answer?  :-)

LOL I would say just pick the one that fits you the most  8)

Offline otrax01

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 10:45:24 pm »
I'm not quite in the turbolift, but I don't flaunt it in public. I've lived in the Star Trek universe since I was 9.  I still remember watching the first show with my Dad and sister.  Thursday night was the only time we got to stay up beyond our bed time.

Offline Big Rob

• Modeling Newb
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 09:46:06 am »
I'm not quite in the turbolift, but I don't flaunt it in public. I've lived in the Star Trek universe since I was 9.  I still remember watching the first show with my Dad and sister.  Thursday night was the only time we got to stay up beyond our bed time.

Sounds like good times to me!

Watching TOS back when it was "The Only Series". Yes, good memories for me as well! Even if they were re-runs by the time I got to see them. Still, we're talking before TNG!

Offline Jimmypop57

• Admiral
  • Scifi scale model enthusiast
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 12:03:35 pm »
Being a bit younger, I grew up watching TOS reruns and TNG. Love star Trek, and consider myself more of a Trekkie, but where models are concerned, I just like LEDs, and SciFi! If I can light it, more than likely I will buy it to see! Star Trek has amazing models that have a bazillion lights, that is why I gravitate more towards them vs Star Wars models for example (minus the star destroyers), they just don't light up as much as I like. I even branched out into figure models such as Iron Man, just because I can light them. The way I see it, 30 years ago the artwork that I see displayed and being worked on here, wasn't as easy as it is today with modern lights and electronics, which I wouldn't have even thought of in the mid 80s. To not take advantage of such, while loving the hobby would be a darn shame!
I play, I putty, I spray, and pray! Putty, sand, repeat...
All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray... All putty and no spray makes TOS models green and gray...

Enterprise © Bloc