Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/1000 USS Enterprise Refit , Lighting, The 1/350 Treatment !  (Read 772 times)

Offline charlie-mike-six

• Lieutenant
Hello

What started out as just a out of the box build has turned into a full blown Lighted project,
I just love a challenge !  The following pictures are some of the mod's I have made, This
ship will be the TMP version, with the on screen Gray trim instead of the Green or Blue,
it will have the violet warp engines, The RC thrusters will be lighted as well, I will be using
the TenaControls lighting kit with a lot of mod's made the lighting kit itself, I am using SMD
0402 for the floods, For those who want to light this kit correct in scale, they are the only
way to go, Most of the LEDS that come with the lighting kit are just to big for the scale, The are way to bright.
I am going to bring them down by using a higher rated resistor's and replacing the LEDS
that came with the lighting kit with the 0402 SMD's, The RC Thrusters I will use the SMD
0805 yellow on a separate circuit . Most of you might ask , Why do this on a 1k scale.
well the truth, is I have the 1/350 but I have no where to put it once it is built, Plus the
display I am going to build is going to be great, That is if I can pull it off !  HA !

Below is the first of the pictures, The flood on the front of the lower saucer, is a 0402 SMD,
There is some light leak, I have not light blocked the lower saucer yet. But the pie wedge
look good to me, The inside of the lower saucer has been completely redone the little spacers
are at the locations of the RC Thrusters to block the yellow light from running to the windows.

I did the 1/350 mod on the bridge by raising it up, It is not glued down I still have some work
to do on it, also the window's around the saucer are just rough done , I have not cleaned them up
yet. I have a lot of planning and research to do, I am taking one small step at a time, and trying
to plan each step as I go.

Note : For those of you who notice , I did sand off the phaser banks, I will put them back once I have
painted the saucer.

Any advise or idea's are most welcome, This is truly the final frontier for me !! HA !  :)

Thank you

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:30:50 pm by charlie-mike-six »

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
Re: 1/1000 USS Enterprise Refit , Lighting, The 1/350 Treatment !
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 01:07:35 pm »
Any updates on this, CM6?!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline modelerdave

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 01:59:43 pm »
I know this is really old but this ship is my on-deck build and I'd love to see how it came out.

Offline charlie-mike-six

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 06:26:27 pm »
 Guys

I still have it, and working on it some, got the engines just about done. Kinda lost intrest. but I will post some
new pictures this weekend. Thank for bringing this one up, I had forgot about it.

CM6

Offline charlie-mike-six

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 05:02:11 am »
Hello

Here is a small update, I will post the pictures of the warp engines as soon as I find them !
I have the thrusters in place, the holes for the light effect is the size of a needle, I am doing
all I can to keep the lighting in scale. I did take a picture with the overhead lights on, I think
you can see the lighting better for the thrusters. More updates to follow.

CM6

Offline modelerdave

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 08:52:17 am »
Looking good!

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • There are submarines, and targets.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 05:10:50 pm »
This is on the short list for the near future.  I'm impressed at the window work knowing how thin that saucer section really is.  Also the flood light on the saucer is great.  What size drill did you use for the saucer edge and the lower saucer?
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Enterprise © Bloc