Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Revell Imperial Star Destroyer] 1:2700 Zvezda Release  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
[Revell Imperial Star Destroyer] 1:2700 Zvezda Release
« on: April 09, 2017, 02:23:42 am »
Hi, Everyone!

Revell U.S. (Hobbico) and Revell Germany have now officially listed the Zvezda 1:2700 Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer model.  For now, Revell U.S. has the model in their current second and third quarters of 2017 releases flyer and Revell Germany has a product page on their website.

This is the large 60 cm (23.6-inches) kit that Zvezda released in Russia late last year (http://scifimodelaction.com/sfmaforum/index.php?topic=6425.msg83294#msg83294).  It has gotten great reviews.  Hobbico will be bringing the kit out through Revell in North America (kit number 85-6459).  Revell Germany will be releasing the kit across Europe (kit number 06052).  It should be coming out during the late-April to June time frame.  No pricing information at this time, but it should be coming soon.

Here are some links:

Stay tuned...

:)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:19:02 pm by Gadgetron_3000 »
"They've done studies, you know.  60% of the time, it works every time."

-----

Google+: https://plus.google.com/109660073537038906328

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
Re: [Revell Imperial Star Destroyer] 1:2700 Zvezda Release
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 02:45:16 am »
Got one for another auction build but will definitely get one for myself.

Shapeways offer up some excellent upgrade parts such as the garbage chute which is missing from the kit.
Iain

Offline Tiburon

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 08:13:40 am »
Excellent. I'm looking forward to getting one of these.
Phil

Offline Firebiro

• Artist / Designer / Modeller
  • Admiral
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 09:21:20 am »
Look what has showed up on the Revell Germany Site:

https://www.revell.de/en/products/star-wars/star-wars-episode-iv-vi/id/06052.html

Looks like Europe and the US will be getting it about the same time
The Matrix formed in a day, the life forms grew later, at a substantially accelerated rate!

Morgan

Offline Firebiro

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 11:00:43 am »
From my facebook feed on various modelling groups I see the European version has been released! I however can only find one on ebay and I cannot afford it at the moment, I'm terrified as its a "Limited edition" and I wont be able to pick it up until after my wedding this year in August, holding out hope it doesn't turn into an ebay fest where they are all bought up by a few people and thrown on ebay for extortionate money come September!
The Matrix formed in a day, the life forms grew later, at a substantially accelerated rate!

Morgan

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 12:32:37 pm »
Thanks, Morgan! That's a really good idea!!

LOL!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 07:53:01 pm »
Yes indeed, Revell Germany has started to ship the model (kit number 06052) across Europe...

Revell North America should be releasing theirs (kit number 85-6459) in a few weeks.

:)
"They've done studies, you know.  60% of the time, it works every time."

-----

Google+: https://plus.google.com/109660073537038906328

Offline Firebiro

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 10:07:37 am »
Yup its sold out everywhere ha ha, only released on Friday as far as I can tell, and even the Revell distributers in the UK do not have them. Looks like I will be chancing my arm with Customs and getting a Zvezda version from Russia when I can actually front up the money.

Morgan

Offline MattA

• Admiral
  • Am I doing this right?
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 02:15:50 pm »
They had this kit at Star Wars Celebration.  Revell was selling it for $100 shipped at the con.  They said retail price would be around $130.  The build up they'd done wasn't too bad.  It's a smallish kit, but the detail looks nice. 

Some day, I hope someone will release a BIG star destroyer kit, like 3.5-4 feet long.  That would get my money quickly.  The Bandai one that they keep showing at all the conventions would be great.  Bandai had that one at SWC as well, and when asked if they'd release it, they just said 'it would be too expensive.'  Ahh, well.
Builder of all things StarShip...

Offline Firebiro

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 03:12:52 am »
Yeah Matt, Randy Cooper is in the process of redoing his 48 inch Avenger, that's like my holy grail of a kit, but missing that, the Zvezda/Revell would have to do, I don't have in the region of

Morgan

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 01:40:38 pm »
Just nabbed one on Ebay for 79.95GBP. ;D

Would love a RC Star Destroyer but the shipping would be more than the kit alone. :-[
Iain

Offline Guns Akimbo

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 02:56:24 pm »
This is exactly what I've been waiting for...could have gotten the Zvezda kit but holding out is advantageous mainly because 1) I'm able to scope out everyone else's builds, and 2) more aftermarket goodies are becoming available, hee hee.

Offline Firebiro

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 03:33:49 am »
I hear you Iain, and nice one on the nab. Am so annoyed about the limited release, I will probably be taking my chances with Russian post and customs when my time comes :(

Guns, I had the same thoughts but I had no idea it was going to be SO limited

Morgan

Offline Tiburon

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 03:38:11 am »
Just how limited is the release?
Phil

Offline Firebiro

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 04:53:19 am »
I read somewhere there was 1100 available to Europe, I have no confirmation on this and I cannot find a source but I did email Revell UK and they are completely out of stock and cannot give me any more info.

Morgan

Enterprise © Bloc