Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/350 TOS Enterprise Pre Order  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Big Rob

• Modeling Newb
  • Admiral
  • So many models...so little time!
1/350 TOS Enterprise Pre Order
« on: July 13, 2012, 02:19:19 am »
So who is going to be getting this? 

I want this to be my first 1/350 build so I would like to get one on order, if possible. I looked all over the internet via google, but all the pre order links are dead.

Is there a pre order option for these, and if so, can anyone point me in the right direction for this please?

You gonna light that thing?

Offline Devon

• Ensign
    • Devon's Corner
Re: 1/350 TOS Enterprise Pre Order
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 05:41:11 am »
Follow my activities in Art, music and model building at http://devonscorner.wordpress.com/

Offline Big Rob

• Modeling Newb
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 01:34:30 pm »
Hi there.

As far as Pre-Order links go here is the only I know of right now:
http://www.culttvmanshop.com/Classic-USS-Enterprise-1350-STANDARD-EDITION-from-Polar-LightsRound-2--PREORDER-RESERVATION_p_1923.html

Hey thanks Devon! I swear I looked there too but I guess in the blur of late night web searching I skipped right over it. Gonna get that on order now. Can't wait to get it!

Now, where to find a light kit for it...

Offline Big Rob

• Modeling Newb
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 09:35:21 pm »
I will be getting one as I joined the NCC-1701 Club in the beginning!  I believe this is going to be a very nice kit as I have been following along with it's design and prototyping process.  Devon pointed you in the right direction for pre-ordering the kit; Steve (CultTVMan) has always given me great customer service!  And not to discourage you for getting your own lighting for this kit, but to inform you that Round 2 will be releasing a separate lighting kit for this model.  It will also include motors to rotate the fan blades in the engines as I understand it.     

That's cool, Fraley! I only recently heard of the 1701 club. That gets you The premiere edition, right? What version are you planning on building?

As for me, I just want to build the regular series version, so the regular kit will be fine for me. As for the light kit from polar lights, if it actually does come with the motors and fan blades, I'm definitely getting that one!

Offline Caladonis

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 12:16:57 pm »
!701 club member here also (red shirt - was slow)
I will build the Series version and we are due for an email update the last of the month from what I have read.

Offline TrekWorks

• Admin
  • Admiral
    • TrekWorks
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 12:32:11 pm »
Red shirt member of the 1701 club here too. Members will have first crack at the limited run of 1701 Premier Edition kits which are to include the parts to build either the 1st pilot, 2nd pilot or regular production version of the ship.
The current release date is mid to late October for the Premier Edition with the standard kit available soon after.
I don't plan on building my Premier kit as I want to keep it more as a collector, so I'll wait for the standard kit and will have to buy the parts kit which will be available to build the 2nd pilot version (my fav).
The Standard version of the kit will include the parts to build the regular production version only and is priced at about $100.

Polar lights will offer a lighting kit which will include the motors and fans to replicate the lighting of the regular production version which will be sold separately. No word yet on the approx price.
If It's a model kit, I like it already.

Offline TrekWorks

• Admin
  • Admiral
    • TrekWorks
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 06:40:05 pm »
Lol, Fraley, that's the first thing I thought of as I anxiously opened the 1701 package from Round 2 and saw that Red peeking through.
Visions of stepping on an explosive rock or being thrown down a bottomless pit by an 8 ft tall android came to mind.
If It's a model kit, I like it already.

Offline TrekkieJamie

• Commander
  • "Tough Little Ship" ..... "Little!?!"
    • TrekkieModeler Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 09:32:44 am »
Hi Everyone,

I may be getting ahead slightly but with me being in the UK and everything decent being in the US I tent to do alot of forward planning to accomidate shipping ect.... but on with the post!

I was just watching Steve Neills (YT=darkuboot) "Big E Story" and came accross this little gem from Him and Doug Drexler!

If you want the correct colour for your TOS Enterprise then all you need to do is mix two Testors Model Master Enamel colours

1 part Light Ghost Gray with 2 Parts Flat White

That will give you with in droplets the exact colour of the ship
Hope this helps
Jamie

Offline Big Rob

• Modeling Newb
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 10:42:43 am »
I was just watching Steve Neills (YT=darkuboot) "Big E Story" and came accross this little gem from Him and Doug Drexler!

If you want the correct colour for your TOS Enterprise then all you need to do is mix two Testors Model Master Enamel colours

1 part Light Ghost Gray with 2 Parts Flat White

That will give you with in droplets the exact colour of the ship
Hope this helps
Jamie

I have been watching that as well. It's a very interesting process,  and to see just how much work goes in to building one really gives a new level of appreciation for the final product.

Offline fumblethumbs

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 06:29:22 pm »
Good to hear you Guys are getting the 1/350 TOS's!!  I figure I'll "go to school" on a few builds here and then pony up for the kit in the next year or two.  Looking forward to some build logs fellas!!
Ooooooo!  I think I may buy that kit!

Jeff.

Enterprise © Bloc