Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 259 times)

Offline Westy

• Ensign
Hi all
« on: April 11, 2017, 06:29:49 am »
Hi all Danny hear all the way across the pond in Cambridge uk  just started the long build of the 2017 version of the polarflights 1/350 enterprise.
Loving the tips and videos

Offline RaveN

• Captain
  • You under estimate the power of styrene and glue..
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 11:01:44 am »
Welcome aboard Westy!!!!

Offline Plaztek

• Lieutenant
  • This is about saving the future of humanity!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 11:58:46 am »
Cheers from NJ Danny!
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your little quest. Captain Ahab has to go hunt his whale!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 07:49:11 am »
Hey, Danny! Welcome aboard!

Good to hear you starting a 1/350 build of the Enterprise! Which one? TOS or A? Have you started a thread here in the WIP section? Would love to see your work. Also, that way you get specific advice for a problem (not saying you will have any!  ;D ) almost immediately!

I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath many moons ago and loved the area and the experience!

Again, Welcome Aboard and start posting pictures! We love pictures!

Steve
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline Westy

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 05:49:52 pm »
Thanks guys. Steve I'm building the refit A  best looking ship in my opinion :). Lakenheath that's just up the road from me, small town called royston very boring haha. I've tried uploading pictures but it says files are to big? I'm do I g it from my phone. Excuse the spelling and grammar this phone does my head In hahah

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 05:49:24 am »
Welcome aboard Danny!
  Like the others have said, jump right in and have fun.
  As for the pictures I've found that if you bring them down to around the 100k file size they load fine and they are a good size for viewing in the forum.
  Speaking as one of the mentally unstable folks who have done the Big E Refit ...  ;D ... Enjoy it and have fun! It's challenging at times and it's a long build but the rewards at the end make it all worth while! Are you lighting it and everything? That's when it REALLY comes to life and starts popping!
 Looking forward to seeing your progress!
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Enterprise © Bloc