Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aoshima's Macross Delta Variable Fighter Girl  (Read 211 times)

Offline greg

• Captain
  • aka SteveTheFish, TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan
    • Greg's Neat-o Homepage
Aoshima's Macross Delta Variable Fighter Girl
« on: December 27, 2017, 06:28:21 am »
Here it is, at last. I've followed the development of this kit since it was just sketches and rendered screens. This is supposedly due in April 2018, but knowing that it's Aoshima, I'm pretty sure we can expect delays. Here is the product's homepage on Aoshima's website.

So this fully posable girl is a standard 1:12 scale. The VF-31J Siegfied is a non-scale kit (I'm guessing it's about 1:90 scale, but I'm not good at that sort of thing) that transforms. The girl is fully interactive with the fighter in gerwalk and battroid modes. It comes with waterslide decals, including for her eyes.

I'm gonna pre-order the crap out of this kit.

Offline greg

• Captain
  • aka SteveTheFish, TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan
    • Greg's Neat-o Homepage
Re: Aoshima's Macross Delta Variable Fighter Girl
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 11:18:22 pm »

This is hard to believe for me, but it looks like Aoshima is on track to actually release this kit ON TIME. I've known about this kit for 2 years now, and it is finally getting released. The Variable Fighter Girl is scheduled for April, and it looks like this will be out real soon.

Scroll through Aoshima's Twitter account for more pictures. April 18th they tweeted out the box cover, and on the 23rd they tweeted out pictures of the model's contents.

I figured that this model would get delayed since that's BAU at Aoshima. I actually worked there for a little over half a year two years ago, and new releases were always getting delayed due to factory problems in China. I recognize the table used in the unboxing picture from the 23rd and remember that room rather clearly. I know the guy who designed this model and I'm happy to see it finally being released.

Enterprise © Bloc