Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 350 Refit Mounting Question  (Read 62 times)

Online whb64

• Commander
350 Refit Mounting Question
« on: May 18, 2017, 08:38:58 am »
Okay... I am not even close to starting this build but this has been bugging me and will drive me nuts until I figure it out

As per the instructions in the kit, the mounting pole goes in a hole just behind the sensor array.  There is a big post hole there with a housing that goes up right behind the main deflector, doesn't this block the LED light in that area?  Most people seem to be drilling a new hole for the mounting post, do you remove that plastic I mentioned and exactly where are people making the new hole at?

Like I said, I'm not even close to being ready to start this build, it's just been bugging me.

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
Re: 350 Refit Mounting Question
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 08:33:06 am »
The mounting hole that is already there is to close I think to the deflector dish. You don't need to remove anything here, Just fill in the hole and sand it flush with the hull. You will want to make a new hole just in front of the phaser banks. This is located under the arboretum. This means you will need to be careful on how many wires you have going here. You want to be able to place the arboretum where it belongs with out damaging the wires. But you should still have plenty of room to work with. Do NOT put the mount on the other side of the phaser banks. It is 2 far away from the ships center of gravity and the ship will fall forward from the weight. Here are 2 pictures. One which shows where I think most people place the new pole, and the mistake I made.

Enterprise © Bloc