Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 205 times)

Offline FatalCheese

• Ensign
Greetings!
« on: May 26, 2017, 09:24:02 pm »
Hi All,

So kinda new to modeling, unless you count building them as a kid in the 80s.  One particular model I had fond memories of was the TOS enterprise I built.  But then I thought it would be fun to recreate the TOS opening sequence with the home movie camera - suspending the model from fishing line, and then pushing it so it zoomed past the camera.  It looked great until my last thrust, where I accidently achieved a higher warp than planned - down the fishing line - all the way to the wall it was connected to.  My own Star Trek III - The Search for Pieces.

I've never really had closure on that, and felt I was ready for command again - so I just ordered the Refit Enterprise model (which is the 949, getting the impression this was just released?).  Was planning to do just the model and paint, but watching Boyd has been so helpful, gonna go for it with the 5 color aztec'ing and lights.  Absolutely no fishing line this time.

Just wanted to say Hello, and will post the project when things get started. 

You're in it this far...what's another $20?

Offline Tiburon

• Captain
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 05:40:09 am »
Welcome! This is a great place to get learn the hobby. There are lots of people willing to help out with your builds! Post your build up in the work in progress section when you get started. I always like watching refit builds!
Phil

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 09:13:33 am »
Welcome aboard to the Boards, Fatal cheese!

This is a great place to post and see what others are doing and show off your work. I see you have already jumped in and started posting. Excellent! Can't wait to see  your work!

LLAP!

Steve
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline simi

• Admiral
  • JUST enough knowledge to do some serious damage
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 09:38:37 am »
Sorry to hear about your mishap, but you've came to the right place.  Welcome to the group and keep us updated on your progress!

Cheers!

Simi
As a software architect, I'm pretty darn good.  As someone with knowledge of building things in the real world, well, I'm a software architect.

Offline Plaztek

• Lieutenant
  • This is about saving the future of humanity!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 12:15:28 pm »
Welcome to reservation. We all pretty much have the same story although I intentionally set of the self destruct on my refit when I was 12. It was awesome! Good luck with you build and don't be afraid to ask questions. This is a great group with lots of great info. Can't wait to see your build (s).
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your little quest. Captain Ahab has to go hunt his whale!

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 11:46:08 am »
Welcome to the asylum FatalCheese! The Refit is an extremely popular, and maddening, model kit here, and you should have no trouble finding help and advice with any stage of your build if you need it. Have fun!
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline model maker

• Ensign
  • To Boldly Go!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 12:25:34 am »
Hi Guys,

Well, I'm MJ or Michael, just retired from my job of 35 yrs and now I have the time to do what I have been wanting to do for quite sometime now.  I have been watching videos from several of the guys and I am just blown away at really beautiful the models done.  Some of the models that include sounds just really captured me so now I'm here now to join in to this family of model makers too.

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 09:49:28 am »
Welcome to the forum Michael! Congrats on the retirement. 35 years is a good long stretch.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 12:37:41 pm »
Welcome Aboard, Alex!

I love the TOS Enterprise! It is, easily, my favorite ship! Looking forward to you seeing your WIP thread!

Love the profile pic! At first I thought it was Douglas Fargo from Eureka, then I saw the Sonic Screwdriver and the suit! Nice 10th Doctor!

Jump right in and, if you need any help or have any questions, this group is the best for quick answers!

Steve

"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Enterprise © Bloc